oil pump's........std v's uprated

Mr GTiR

I'm in the middle of rebuilding my engine and was told to put a new water and oil pump in while i had it all apart. Got quoted £42 for a water pump which is fine but then he told me an oil pump is £288 + VAT FCUK!! :shock: is this right???

Also, would i be better fitting an aftermarket uprated or std oil pump?? as i would imagine they will be cheaper?

Any advice guys?

Andy

E

Edd

you just need to replace the oil pump gears and seals about £60ish

skiddusmarkus

I don't think anyone makes an uprated pump for our car.You can modify the standard one to give more pressure.
I heard replacement gears for the standard one etc cost over £200 :shock:,I hope your right Edd.

E

Edd

erm well i know hiteq only replace the gears and seals as part of any rebuild, might be more than £60 but don't think it's £200 :shock:

Mr GTiR

yeah i was told that gear and seals as a kit is around the £60 ish mark!

Spoke to Mike exGTiR and he said only replace the pump if i have low oil pressure.

Before the engine come out i nver had any problems with it.

Just going to check the internals and make sure they are ok. If needs be then i'll just replace the gears and seals :D

ex-gtir

if you didnt have isues with oil pressure before i have been told just check the clearance in the gears oil pumps arnt that prone to wear unless the engines had contaminated oil through it
mike