Oil Pressure

A

Anonymous

Can anyone tell me how to check the oil pressure gauge and or the sender unit, as it seems to be faulty. I have been told these often go and give out faulty readings (which mine appears to do) and, is there another way to check my oil pressure is ok, i have been told it is but i would just like to check for myself.

A

Anonymous

P.s does anyone know where i can hold of the small plastic idle adjustment screw if anyones got one lying about or if anyone knows the part number etc. cheers

A

Anonymous

sorry but im not that mechanically minded, where could i get one and where do i fit it too, i want to do it myself as im slowly working my way round getting to know the engine etc :oops:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Either your local garage should be able to test it this way for you, or any after market guage that isn't electrical should be ok. (I only say not electric because they aren't always as accurate). Not sure about on the R cos I haven't fitted one, but normally you can "T" one into where the factory sender is.

A

Anonymous

where is the sender located, cause any garage i take it to locally prob wont have a clue either, i might invest in a new set of gauges whether stock or aftermarket, depends on price i suppose

jonee

hi,if you look above the oil filter you will see the oil pressure switch.with the engine turned off remove the switch and in its place put your new oil pressure test gauge (which your gonna go and buy) :) start engine and watch the gauge for your reading.easy :)

J

Jonny H

i replaced my dials with after market ones, just be weary of the size of the sender units, i had problems with fitting the oil pressure one due to its size. also be prepared for a little spillage when you unscrew the sender unit :roll: :wink:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
jonee said:
hi,if you look above the oil filter you will see the oil pressure switch.with the engine turned off remove the switch and in its place put your new oil pressure test gauge (which your gonna go and buy) :) start engine and watch the gauge for your reading.easy :)
Not so easy might be finding a spare hole in the bulkhead to put the hose for the gauge through, cos I'm damned if I can see one in mine. :?