Oil cooler sandwich plate with a thermostat in it?

J

Jon

my oils running too hot- even with a front mounted oil cooler so i reakon its fooooked
the bit that sandwich's the oil filter onto the engine where
my front mount oil cooler pipes join onto
can anyone point me in the right direction as to where i can get a new one ?? ive searched loads of sites & no joy?

thanks for any help

J

Jon

thats cause you sit about all day stuck to your computer Rob whilst some of us mere mortals have to work for a living :)
you lucky fella :lol: :wink:

thanks mate - i'll have a look
Jon

J

Jon

ferkin ell - theres loads of em
called hiteq to ask what they fitted to mine & he wasnt sure - said maybe
it could be a 1/2 bsp? hmm :? :?:
spose i'll have to take it off and have a look

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
If you find out can you post up as I struggled to get and adpator for the sandwich plate I bought of another user :cry:

Was looking at having something custom made but I'm wondering if there's something easier and cheaper I could get

Jim

O

Odin

JON said:
thats cause you sit about all day stuck to your computer Rob whilst some of us mere mortals have to work for a living :)
you lucky fella :lol: :wink:

thanks mate - i'll have a look
Jon
I don't know what you mean fella :? :? I'm a very hard worker :lol: . You men just don't understand how hard hoovering and dusting can be :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

rob

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Jon

You have got 1/2" BSP threaded oil fittings, I'm sure.

Go to the http://www.thinkauto.com/index.htm website, click on the products button, then in the blue grided menu you will see "take off plates" in the top left hand side, click on take off plates and see the photo at the top of the page (as below), it's part number is OTSP1 and it's £41, tell them it's for a Nissan.

Pain in the ass to fit though, the threaded brass stud in the middle of the plate screws onto the steel stud thats on the block and the face you can see in the pic above is then the place you screw your normal Nissan oil filter to.

J

Jon

thanks alot geeza
that looks like the kiddy - i tries to get it off earlier to measure the thread
but no joy! does look a bit hard to do so i'll get the garage to replace it
ive mailed demon tweaks just incase they can do it cheaper

thanks mate
Jon

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Hi Steve,

I've got other things I'm tryinh to fix at the mo but I assume they are Nissan Knowledgable then and could probably CNC me up the small Brass "stud" for a lot less than £41.

Cheers,
Jim