oil cooler kits and oil filter relocation

M

mynheers_a_pint

Hi all,

I'm in the market for the above parts and am wondering what the best value systems are and also the specific requirements?

I would like to be able to track the car meaning prolonged periods of heavy use. I am also interested to know where the best kits are bought from, the best mounting position and any specific fitting notes to take into consideration.

I have done some searching but it is very difficult to buy a full oil cooler and relocation kit so it will have to be pieced together and i want to make sure i get it right!

Thanks in advance for any help. :-D

M

mynheers_a_pint

i've got a merlin catalogue but the issue is i have no idea where to even start. For instance, the sandwich plate- which is the correct one for the GTi-R? They only list by thread type. Then the actual fittings- BSP? NPT? hose gauge and how long?

I'd rather buy an off the shelf mocal kit and adapt it for the relocation system but i was hoping for a few more 'off the shelf' suggestions and whilst i appreciate the simplicity of your advice, i am not confident enough to order the correct parts.