Oil Cooler fixing

boucherie

Wheres the best place to fix my oil cooler. I was thinking of making up a brace from the injector rail (using the exsisting bolts to hold the brace) and have the cooler tilted above the top of the engine, is that a safe place to brace from, or is there a better location :?:

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
There was a discussion about this on the tech forum. Some mount up high some mount in the front bumper. I mount in the front passenger inlet duct for what its worth.

Mine came with a braket to mount off the rocker cover and tilt back over the injector area so similar to your idea in principle. I've seen a few mounted like that.

Jim

Mr GTiR

I was toying with the idea of fitting it in the f/o/s bract duct but could not be bothered working out the fittings i would need and also the 19 row cooler i had was too big.

In the end in went in the front, just behind my f/m/i/c. As i have removed my air con there is more than enough room to fit it here.

I don't like the idea of on top of the engine as you bound to get heat soak while stationary. Just me 2 pence worth.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
I mounted mine between the Intercooler and the Rad... its perfect there... Keeps everything nice and cool...

Another option would be to cut out 3 holes at the high side of the bumper and mount it there...

Rishi