oil adaptor plates??

R

remotegt

i am in the process of setting up an oil cooler for the R.
i have the oil cooler and lines needed. what i need is an adaptor plate or sandwich plate which would sit in between the block and the oil filter. on the plate there is the 2 line feeds allowing for oil to go to cooler. does anyone know where i can buy one of these or does someone have one.?

I have emailed numerous places and no one will sell me one unless i buy a kit. i believe the kits are a rip off. you pay $400AUS for an oil cooler kit when so far i have spent $60 on oil cooler and lines. all i need is this adaptor plate but is proving difficult to find.

does anyone have a part number or know of something that i can use for what i want to do?/

Thanks

Brendon

R

remotegt

BUMP^^^^

anyone have any information.
those with oil coolers what did you use.
or did you all just buy a kit?

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
The problem is mate, it sounds like your in Australia and this being a UK based club...........................

This is a good link if you want anything to do with oil coolers though www.thinkauto.com but like I say it is UK based and you will prolly pay as much in shipping as the actual goods cost :?

Sorry can't help any more

R

remotegt

and what being uk based you think your to good to help???
i couldnt care less if you gave me a link to a uk site or something as i said i just need an idea or a company that makes one. i can track down a supplier here that might sell them.
and as i also said i want to know what other owners have down with there oil coolers.
did they buy a kit or all seperate??
thanks for the link anyway, ill check it out.

scottyd

whoa there, steve wasnt being nasty, he was looking out for your best intrests, simply saying that it will cost you more than you need to pay buying stuff from over here, rather than getting what you need where you are.

I believe you got the wrong end of the stick there.
I'm sure if steve could have helped more, he would have.

Last edited:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Brendon (you tiger Grrrrrr)

You tear into me like that and then say thanks :x

You said in your original post that all the companies that youv'e found who sell the take off plate you want, will only sell it to you as part of a kit.

All I was doing was as suggested above, just giving you a name of a reputable company in the UK that I have had many dealings with and that will sell you JUST a take off plate.

I bought all my bits seperatly from the above but I would imagine most owners would have either had a kit fitted or bought a kit and fitte it themselves.

R

remotegt

yeah sorry about that. wasnt supposed to be taken as i was angry.
just annoyed i been looking for ages and no one seems to want to help.

anyway. i apologize if it was taken as an aggressive post.
ill continue the search