offset of gtir wheels

M

Mr Gti_R

Hi i might be getting a good deal on some renault clio wheels, these have the same stud pattern but i was wondering what offset the gtir is, the wheels ofset is 35

Cheers ROB :lol:

C

clive760

wheels

they should fit as i bought a set of wheels which came of 5gt as long as ther 100pcd

T

Trent

depends what size diameter the wheels are. i think the standard gtir alloys are something like 42-45, but they say the bigger the wheels, the smaller the offset number.
i have 7x17's with an offset of 38 and there is no scrubbing/fouling anywhere.

Mad

A lot depends on what brakes you've got as well. I've got Willwoods and its a nightmare trying to get wheels that fit over them ( 15' wheels ).

A

Andybtsn

What size are the R brakes again? Mine are just normal so 15's should be ok.

Mad

IIRC the standard brakes around 245mm ? My Willwoods are 285mm, but the caliper fouls on most wheels I've tried. Fitting anything over standard brakes should be fine though.

A

Andybtsn

Well the wheels I'm after come in either ET 12/25/35, so 35 should be ok I guess.

:D

T

Trent

the smaller the offset number, the further out they sit so the higher the number the further they sit under the arches. looks like you might have to start grinding arches??

T

Trent

that would push them right out the side of the car. you might get away with 35 but i strongly suggest you trial fit them before you hand over any cash! way too many bad experiences with wheels!

T

Trent

have you tried looking on the takakaira web site?, they have a section which tells you fitment sizes depending on wheel size

A

Andybtsn

Ok, Has anyone had experience with 8x15 wheels by any chance?

Where about will the arches rub, inner or outer?

A

Andybtsn

Are the arches on the R stupidly small or something?

I've had 9x14 rims on my old Polo, on coilovers. Rubbed on full lock...Thats it.

T

Trent

its not so much the arches but the suspension. my 17's sit litterally about 2mm from the body of the shock absorbers (standard suspension) and they are only 7" wide. if your pulsar has coilovers then you might be ok, cos you do get more clearance on the suspension. like i said its just trial and error

A

Andybtsn

It will be on coilovers come Tuesday yeah.

But the 35 is the recommended ET then?

T

Trent

i cant say that they will fit, but out of the three fitment options you gave the 35mm offset is the closest match