OE dump valve

stuarty

Does anyone know what the maximum boost you can run on these ??......
As had the 1 bar upgrade done and it starting to sound more like my old sard ..........

JIMMYBACK

stuarty said:
Does anyone know what the maximum boost you can run on these ??......
As had the 1 bar upgrade done and it starting to sound more like my old sard ..........
anything more that standard boost and these things leak quite badly :shock:

stuarty

does anyone know anything about if you put an atmospheric bov rather than another recirc it causes problems for the engine I.E not having a metered return gas flow into the induction system ??

JIMMYBACK

just dont use a baileys dump valve as they tend to get stuck and cause idle problem on out cars :shock: :?

GTIR-LOZ

thats only the single piston type the dual piston baileys are fine i used to have one and it was quite loud too

JIMMYBACK

GTIR-LOZ said:
thats only the single piston type the dual piston baileys are fine i used to have one and it was quite loud too
guess again i had a evo twin piston...nothting but problems :shock: :? :oops:

stuarty

so prety much makes no differance just get a good bov wether atmos or recirc...........cool .....cheers chaps :wink:

JIMMYBACK

stuarty said:
so prety much makes no differance just get a good bov wether atmos or recirc...........cool .....cheers chaps :wink:
yer thats the idea dont skimp on it it will bite you in the arse if you do :shock: :? ..it doesnt mean thou you can find a bargain on here thou :wink:

geetee

Having an atmos dump valve doesn't really cause any major fuelling probs, just runs very rich on the overrun..... causing nice pops bangs and flames :lol:

As above single piston Bailey's aren't suitable - they aren't designed for the R and do tend to leak, twin piston OK.

I have the Forge - not hugely loud but does seem to dump quickly i.e. a very short pssshhht but performance wise that's what you want... to get rid of the excess boost asap. If you want the noise go for the sard or sheepdog if you can find one.

Cheers
Graham 8)

stuarty

Not really bothered about any noise just dont want to cause any unecesary problems.....if an uprated recirc would do a good job i would go for one of those.....

GTIR-LOZ

geetee are you sure you have the right spring in it, what colour is it most are yellow, think its green yellow blue red in that order weakest first strongest last the weaker the spring the more psst but too weak and it will leak boost