Not enough boost

chrisniss91

My car went to Norris designs a week ago so they could repair the turbo housing cos it had cracked and could'nt reach enough boost whilst mapping the power FC :cry: simon said whilst mapping it after repairing the turbo it still wont go over 14-15psi :cry: So now they are taking the turbo off again to send it away to get it checked out. What else could mean the car wont go over a certain psi :?: They have checked all the hoses etc

chrisniss91

Quite pi55ed off as well I have the week coming booked off to play with car and as normal No car for my week off :cry: :cry: But its good that simon doesnt want to give the car back until its perfect :)

GINGA

Could be a dodgy actuator as already mentioned could also be a blocked exhaust or air filter or a restriction in the intake system somewhere :?:
Unlikely to be a leak as you'd hear it and you'd be massively overfuelling to.

R

robinsongtir

I had a problem like this when I first got my car it ended up being a damaged plug lead that had been damaged by the spark plug cover and it wouldn't boost over a bar.Repalced that and it was fine it just taken a while to find out what it was after checkung the obvious things

daz

one idea chrissnis check that u have the little restrictor thing in the vac pipe from the inlet plenum if u know where i mean was a problem with cars not being able to produce enough boost and it was found after much expense that it was missing ......... just my two pence lol