nomad racing pillar pod

gtir.si

thinking of getting a double pillar pod from nomad racing does anyone know if they are made to fit or fit well ,or just a universal one, like the one a have broke up in temper as it was a crap fit .is there anywhere you recommend to get a good one.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I think it's the nomad one I have. The supplied velcro is shite.
The pod itself is OK, it's just trying to get the damn thing to stay in place. I've tried glueing it but it still falls off. A self tapper would do it, but I don't want to use one.

O

owens

ive got a nomad twin on mine and i found they are lightly bowed, other than that they seem ok, i found the velcro wasnt any good to star with as it wasnt thick enough to stick to the metal so i packed it out with double sided tape first and it fits quite well now

GTIR-LOZ

i just screwed a self tapper in their, will get a cover for it when i can be bothered:lol: but you cant really see it if its countersunk

Ive got a Nomad one and the velcro did the job fine for me (well its been on a week and not fallen off yet :lol: ). Fitment is good too.

O

owens

the velcro is fine its the fact that the gap from the trim to the actual A pillar is too big thats why i packed my trim and it fits fine

GTiR_Mic

I had one of these in my R and it was crap fit to be honest.

I had to use heavy duty tape to keep it in place but it still didn't look good.

Mic

well is there any other supliers of pillar pods for an R other then Nomad, the reason i ask is because im just about to buy one and ont like the comments

O

owens

im sure there is a tuner that does them (search will show this up it wasnt long ago ) and someone makes them on here but you will be looking at £80 upwards, if you can deal with the trim being slightly bowed (this could probably be fixed by applying pressure overnight), go for the nomad, if you want it to b****x then get one made up its up to you, personnaly im happy with my nomad trim and i only got that for xmas

MORF114

I bought one for mine a few weeks ago, its in fibreglass, fit is ok just a bit of a dip in it on the window side if you want to be fussy, just have to cut up the clips of your old trim and glue them on, remember the old glue guns you used to get in school which melted sticks of glue this is what i used to secure the old clips onto mine fits pretty good and you can cut out whatever size holes in the pod which you like cost was $100nz (roughly 40 quid) from iced performance which is ciska on the other site.

Last edited:
O

owens

its a little on the shiney side, does it mach the colour of the old trim??

CruiseGTi-R

...the bowing and falling off issue is why I made my first one.

I used to make these until being shipped abroad with work. I'm trying to set up a workplace here (my garage) so I can start making them again, but it'll be a while yet.

Nomads etc are ok if you ignore the fit and nail it to the a-pillar :)

youngsyp

Try Hyper Sports and Racing. I got mine from there and, it fit's quite well, and has done for about 5 years.

They will cut the holes for you, to suit your gauges.

Paul

youngsyp said:
Try Hyper Sports and Racing. I got mine from there and, it fit's quite well, and has done for about 5 years.

They will cut the holes for you, to suit your gauges.

Paul
£70!!:shock: