No Spark

stu-gtir

Went to start my R yesterday and it just turned over with no spark or anything, i tried cleaning all the plugs and changed the coil pack put still Nothing!!!!:? Any ideas?

Cheers Stu.

P

pulsarboby

if its not the amp module then it will either be ht lead to coil broken down or the c/s pick up sensor in the distributor is fcuked!

stu-gtir

pulsarboby said:
if its not the amp module then it will either be ht lead to coil broken down or the c/s pick up sensor in the distributor is fcuked!
Its A pretty New dizzy tho, There is noting else it can be.:x

P

pulsarboby

only other possibility is your ecu ignition circuit has broken down or theres a dodgy connection to the dizzy, coil or ign module!

get a multi meter and check you have 12v to the module and that the coil is live on the pos side, if not then run live wire to coil and see if coil is switching when you crank over!
but check all connections first

stu-gtir

pulsarboby said:
only other possibility is your ecu ignition circuit has broken down or theres a dodgy connection to the dizzy, coil or ign module!

get a multi meter and check you have 12v to the module and that the coil is live on the pos side, if not then run live wire to coil and see if coil is switching when you crank over!
but check all connections first
I'll try that tonight.

Cheers

stu-gtir

Took the dizzy cap off and cleaned all the connections and i now have a very weak spark but this is not enough to start the car. it is trying to fire but not enough to start. Any Other ideas anyone?

stumo

One way to test the rotor arm is to take the cap off and hold the coil lead (still connected to the coil) approx 10mm from the center of the rotor, if a spark jumps then your rotor is knackered.

you're still a miserable tw#t.

stu-gtir

stumo said:
One way to test the rotor arm is to take the cap off and hold the coil lead (still connected to the coil) approx 10mm from the center of the rotor, if a spark jumps then your rotor is knackered.

you're still a miserable tw#t.
Wowser's a reply without bein sarky, cheers I'll give it a wirl tonight.