no fuel gauge?

doggydowg

Hiya guys

Just fitted my walbro fuel pump started car up runs fine no leaks etc but my gauge is now not reading;-( the tank was reading very low probably a few miles off fuel light coming on, now the needle seems dead like no power.

im sure i connected everything back up any thanks in advance for any tips

doggydowg

Hi Kev ive tried that stuck 20 litres in and tried agressive pullaways and harsh stopping and fast cornering to no avail ffs.

has anyone got a pic or discription of location of the sender?

I have searched this abit it seems like a common fault but most threads end with questions and no answers.

once i got this problem sorted next will be adjusting my boost and off to a local 4x4 rolling road place aparently bournmouth is nearest 4x4 rr where is nearest rr to me (portsmouth)? ta

marcymarc

doggydowg said:
Hi Kev ive tried that stuck 20 litres in and tried agressive pullaways and harsh stopping and fast cornering to no avail ffs.

Please lord give me strength :roll:

doggydowg

"please lord give me strength"

This is a problem solving thread not a post non constructive annoying remarks thread!

thanks

doggydowg

just incase anyone has same problem i solved this by putting my hand inside the tank to the left (if your standing at back of car) and jiggled it around abit and then put everything back together and hey presto one working gauge;-)

doggydowg

put your hand in fuel tank and grab thing on left probably the sender unit lol what ever it is it worked.

I just find it anoying when you look through ppls posts and you know they have probably fixd the problem but never bother to post a reply with the cure;_)