No engine management light

smiler

I left the R sitting for a week when I was offshore, went to start it today but the battery was totally flat no ignition lights or nothing. I got one of my mates to try and jump start it with jump leads and it cranked but wouldn't start.

I turned my ignition off then back on but noticed my engine management light wasn't lighting up at all so I'm wondering if this has got anything to do with it not starting.

Has anyone had a problem like this before?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I think there's a fuse which can take it out. Not sure if it's one of the ones inside the cars fuse box.

It might be worth trying a new battery, although it's possible something may have fried when jump starting it.

Keira

4th up from the bottom on the right inside the car, also does rad fans but it should still start if thats blown

stugtir300

either buy a battery charger or a new battery,i had the same problem,but mine had been sat for a couple of months.

smiler

It's a new battery that's in it that's why I was puzzled as to why it went flat.

Did you have the same problem with no management light?

It's good in a way because I was checking wires down the back of the dash and I found a HKS AFR and a HKS turbo timer that was hidden away and I knew nothing about.

smiler

Got it sorted out it was the ECCS relay that sits on top of the ECU. I bridged out pins 3 & 5 and it fired up no bother.