No boost?

D

DaveC.

Just got back from work and thought i'd give my R a spin to cheer me up a bit, i'm not sure when this started happening but it just felt slow so i looked at the gauge and the boost was on 0, it makes no boost at all, the vacuum at idle is -0.6, it sounds exactly the same as it did before, runs fine,sounds fine.
Dont think it can be any pipes blocked or leaking as it would not run properly, when i rev it there is no air coming out the dump valve, boost was running at .6, i'm thinking turbo maybe?
Anyone experienced this problem?
I did search for a while but kept getting side tracked reading other people's problems:doh:

P

pulsarboby

actuator rod may have come detached from wastegate (common fault) the little eclips corrode and off they pop, check that dave!

D

DaveC.

I have to say bobby you're good, you hit the nail straight on the head, popped the bonnet this morning and the arm had come off, got it back on and a clip on it and she's good as new :p. Thanks for your help mate, i was thinking though last night that if it was turbo it wouldn't run correctly would it as the engine wouldn't be drawing in as much air and confuse the afm, but anyway happy it was only that! Top man bobby :thumbsup:

P

pulsarboby

no probs dave glad its sorted!
btw your bits were collected today so should be with you very shortly

D

DaveC.

Haha you should see me at work everytime a delivery van stop's outside, before he even gets out the van i' m asking him what he's got :lol: Cheers mate