nitrous

P

Pete

hi there mate u wont find the answer here because i dont now of any R owners what use NOS but u never now i could b wrong :-D :-D

Dooie Pop Pop

Pete said:
hi there mate u wont find the answer here because i dont now of any R owners what use NOS but u never now i could b wrong :-D :-D
:whistle: been thinking about it in a perverted kinda way. AWD pulsar uses nitrous, Ginga used it. it can be done;)

P

Pete

ok ok peeps i was wrong :oops: :oops: there u go mate theres ur answer :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

J

jpward

I Remember reading the main use was for cyclinder cooling i think more than power :?

but beats me why you'd want it :lol:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
You might want to consider ARP Rod Bolts and some Billet Rods as on use of NOS will suddenly jump your torque right up and you are risking breaking a rod bolt or rod...

Rishi

T

The Troll

no offence mate, but if you don't know the difference between wet and dry nitrous kits then should you really be messing with it at all ?

Dooie Pop Pop

jpward said:
I Remember reading the main use was for cyclinder cooling i think more than power :?

but beats me why you'd want it :lol:
i think you just answered your own question:lol: that and the fact i can get 2bar of boost at 3000rpm using nitrous:twisted: :lol:

J

jpward

Dooie Pop Pop said:
i think you just answered your own question:lol: that and the fact i can get 2bar of boost at 3000rpm using nitrous:twisted: :lol:
:shock: Dang REALLY humm interesting :decision:

forge400

hi

I have wet n.o.s on my car it can be done as long as it's tuned properly. I am running 387 without n.o.t and 5obhp of nitrous

Dooie Pop Pop

forge400 said:
hi

I have wet n.o.s on my car it can be done as long as it's tuned properly. I am running 387 without n.o.t and 5obhp of nitrous
hows it set up? is it a progressive feed or do you just squirt it all in one go?:lol:

forge400

hi

I have forged pistons and it's a progressive system. Oh!! and yeh remember if you use n.o.s keep and eye on those oil temps otherwise it will go pop!!! You will need a good cooling system & shit loads of fuel

Dooie Pop Pop

forge400 said:
hi

I have forged pistons and it's a progressive system. Oh!! and yeh remember if you use n.o.s keep and eye on those oil temps otherwise it will go pop!!! You will need a good cooling system & shit loads of fuel
s' ok i only want it for 3 gears and 11 seconds:lol:

can someone explain how a direct port system could be set up? ie you would need an injector fitted in each runner yes? and how come just putting it in before the plenum as with wi is not good enough to mix it properly:?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Dooie Pop Pop said:
s' ok i only want it for 3 gears and 11 seconds:lol:

can someone explain how a direct port system could be set up? ie you would need an injector fitted in each runner yes? and how come just putting it in before the plenum as with wi is not good enough to mix it properly:?

For 11sec 1/4miles you need to be in 4th...

Direct Port is defo better...

Injecting NOS into the plenum will give you an uneven mix... You will not get the same amount of gas going through each cylinder...

Direct Port will inject NOS diectly and evenly into each cylinder giving you an even and more reliable mix... Defo the best way to go if you want to use cheating gas...

Rishi