Nitrous-is it worth it?

F

flinty75

i'll get staight to da point i've had my 'R' for 3 years & half years and just invested in an apexi afc boost controller plus safc2 an a upgraded fuel pump :twisted: 1.2 bar and liking it :lol: .......my cus has got a willam clio with wizards of n.o.s computer control system dat he wants to sell me for 4 500 notes 1- can da 'R' cope 2-is it really worth it. 3- is it worth me spending da money on a differant upgrade?

A man wid 'R' knowledge would be appreicated.

G

GTiRich

Hi mate, as far as i'm aware the R doesnt tend to like noz. Has a bad habit of ruining pistons. Ure much better off on spending ya wedge on other upgrades for the R

F

flinty75

thanks 4 the reply mate but last year at the pts r rolling road day there was a r running n.o.s that was "pick of the day " so why not ?

MarkTurbo

Cos its cheating :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you do a lot of 1/4 mile drag racing then it might be worth it, but for road use i wouldnt bother :wink:

G

GTiRich

Well if you are prepared to buy uprated internals, ie forged pistons, metal headgasket etc etc then it can take noz but it's a lot of money to get it that way. the standar lump just cannay take it

F

flinty75

so whats next then bigger turbo or injecters or pistons or just sell it and get an evo 6/7 ?

G

GTiRich

I'd personally get the engine strengthened or get a FMIC!!!! Then you can up the boooooooooooost a bit more :wink:

I

Innovate Performance

Nos is cheap horsepower and if installed correctly and set up can be a very useful power increaseand is safe for the engine. :D :D

You need to remember Nos is not ment to be used every day and will increase the engine wear if used every day.

You should not go for any thing more than a 25-50 hp kit on a car with standard ignition as you have to start retarding the ignition to go higher.

We have got 150hp nos kit on our skyline and my GTiR will be running a 100 hp kit, Both kits are direct port, but both cars have stand alone ECU which enable us to cotrol the fuel and ignition when the nos is running. Both cars will also be running high boost pressure next year but this is not of any concern to me cause i know we have a good set up. :D :D :D

GINGA

flinty75 said:
thanks 4 the reply mate but last year at the pts r rolling road day there was a r running n.o.s that was "pick of the day " so why not ?
That was my car and it blew up lol :lol: Imho the single jet setup doesn't really lend itself the the R's inlet as I feel the gas/fuel doesn't get to all the cylinder equally, direct port is the way to go if you want nos but it would be a pain to fit that to a R :(
I sold mine in the end as I hardly ever used it and more importantly I didn't trust using it :(

I

Innovate Performance

It does depend on where you mount the Nos jet as to weather or not you get good distribution of Nos.

You have to remember that you spray the Nos into the air stream so it will go where ever the air goes. the problem is that you need to be able to keep the fuel in suspention with the air untill it reaches the cylinder. Thats the hard part.

Direct port is the way to go but a good set up will set you back about £1000.00 and thats before it is fitted.

Fitting it to an R is not really a problemjust takes alot of time.

mattygti-r

just uprate the engine instead of Nos,

i saw GINGAS car last year at PTS , and it was screaming its nuts off on the RR :lol: sure it went like stink on the motorway BUT as he says it blew up lol

just think NOS is really maxpower/fast and furious style why not just get as Rich says, pistons/HG/etc

I

Innovate Performance

Go the hole hog and get the engine done and Nos. :D :D :D :D :D :twisted:

A

Anonymous

flinty75 said:
mattygti-r said:
i saw GINGAS car last year at PTS , and it was screaming its nuts off on the RR
I know There Was A PTS Meet In March 2004 This Year, But I Am Unaware That There Was A PTS Meet Last Year.???/

Keira

the problem i see is that when you tap the jet into the plenum you're very limited to where you can fit it as the furthest you can get it before any bends is just after the last silicon elbow (obvioulsy :wink: ) on your pipe run, this may cause the mix to not disperse properly ???

if you were to chop the end of the plenum off and re-weld a long as possble straight bit of aluminum pipe so the you can fit the jet further from the throttle body but still within recommended distance would this not help it disperse better within the intake ?????

E

Edd

I do like the sound of direct port

custom throttle bodies with direct port NOS sounds fun 8) :twisted:

Keira

Innovate Performance said:
GTiR will be running a 100 hp kit, Both kits are direct port,
have you used 4 seperate foggers or the set up that the fuel injector fits into aswell ????

MarkTurbo

Edd said:
I do like the sound of direct port

custom throttle bodies with direct port NOS sounds fun 8) :twisted:
kieron said:
have you used 4 seperate foggers or the set up that the fuel injector fits into aswell ????
:roll: I think you've both spent far too much time watching the fast & the furious :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ShayneG

Nos is more hassle than it's worth on the R. I had a mate who spent £1500 getting this set up and he still had nothing but problems. I would put the money to better use on other engine mods :wink:

I

Innovate Performance

kieron said:
Innovate Performance said:
GTiR will be running a 100 hp kit, Both kits are direct port,
We have used 4 seperate foggers and the Kit is a High power kit (wizards of Nos). :D