NIGHTMARE MESH!!

J

Jonny H

Had a bit of a nightmare fitting mesh to my front bumper, i got told to use a fibre glass resin to stick the mesh to the bumper, all went good and well till it came to fixing the bumper back onto the car, seems the resin warped the shape of the bumper :cry: quite a bit too, so much so that i had to force the bastard on causing it to crack a lil bit at the side :cry: NOT A HAPPY BUNNY!!!!!! :twisted: does anyone know any decsent garages i can take the bumper too to get this sorted out? :wink:

J

jasegould

I used hot glue to fix mine.....worked very well...just a thought :?:

J

Jonny H

I used hot glue for the front grill meshing :wink: i need to get the bumper back on the car tho, thats my problem, aswell as the crack :cry: its a bumper that fits over the exsiting one, and wen i finished with the resin it warped the shape of it and wouldnt fit back onto the car.... after about 20 mins of struggling i managed to push it back on but that resulted in the side of the bumper cracking slightly :cry:

S

Sunny Nutter

thats bad luck!
I used hot glue on the mesh first time, but it started to come away,
next time I used Tiger Seal, that stuff sticks like shit to a blanket!

other things to use would be
No more Nails,
and some P40 Isopon

JU5TY

Getting the right mesh and bonding it has been a real pain for me.

I’ve re meshed the bumper 4 times, ive now finally found the right combination. All my previous mesh, has either been to thick so you cant see the intercooler, or to thin so it warps and looses its shape.
Finally gone with thick black mesh so it keeps its shape, and as the mesh is black it brings out the alloy intercooler behind.

I first used filler to bond the mesh, that didn’t last long at all. Next used fibre glass resin that lasted longer, but still came away. I finally found the perfect stuff, its called PU7, and is a silicone sealant. Think its pretty much the same thing as Sikaflex. That stuff is so strong and flexible! Is ideal…

J

Jonny H

meshing is an alluminium grill that u can use to cover air intakes, front bumper vents etc....just for aesthetics really :wink: