New front Brake solution, Mitsu Outlander 2 pot calipers.

Serz

Hi !
I have installed today my new brake upgrade ! It is Mitsubishi Outlander 2005 year 2 pot brake calipers with Outlander oem 294mm disc's and pads.
Mods need to do is drill bolt holes where the brakes mounting to knuckle with 12mm drill and one hole need to be overziced 1mm more , then its fits straigt to stock knuckle.
Oultander oem 5 hole disc need to re drill to 4x100 bolt pattern .
Also to get good clearence you need put down brake disc some 5mm spacers and then it fits very good.
Here some photos:

Clears 16'' wheels , maybe some 15'' to , not clears 14''.
Braking is very good and noticable stronger than stock.

Price's -
Outlander calipers from salvage 50 euro for 2 complet caliper.
Brake discs NK 30 eur for 2.
Brake pads SBS 15 eur for set.
Very budget and works well.

Serz

Whats clearance like to the bottom arm joint?
Enought to no need cutting dust shield ! In this picture i have cutted down, but on other side it's still there , just need to make it little flat to clear bigger discs.

KieranEG6

Is there enough room to fit the disc without the spacer?

Then just shave some off the carrier to even the gap.

Not a fan of spacers behind discs.

Serz

Yes without spacer there is still enough room to clear the disc , but then dust shield must be removed ! You need then shave 5mm from carrier and the carrier will be then weak point i think `?!

KieranEG6

Have you considered the Mini Cooper S JCW 05 front discs? They are 294mm x 22mm with less height at 44mm so should be a better fit without needing redrill as they are 4x100 already.

splmum

You could also consider the Nissan Dualis (Qashqai) J10 which are 296mm x 26mm x 44mm, but are 5 hole so will need redrilling.
Fortunately in Australia we also get a Nissan Dualis 320mm x 28mm x 44mm.
The Qashqai never came out with this brake upgrade as far as I can find.

Ally

Hi Guys,

I'm looking at having some brake discs made to 294mm and 4x100 pcd.
Also made so no need for a spacer, the disc will be made so spaced correctly to the hub and calipers.

cheers

Ally