need night vision (interior light)

CruiseGTi-R

Bit of a sh*t one this, but its very annoying now its getting darker. Does anyone have a working knowledge of the interior light?!

Mine’s bust. Got new bulb but no joy.

The switch is either off, door-open-on, or on. What I don't get (cos I'm an idiot with wiring) is the on position doesn’t bridge the two wires coming in (which I assume are for the open-door-on), but bridges one wire and what can only be the connection through the screw to the car roof.

This’ll mean something to anyone who’s fiddled with it, but any clues as to where it might be not connected?

I've hung some Nismo candles from the roof for now.

A

AJ4

The door switch is on the return side from the light, ie, 12v goes to the bulb first and then back through the door switch to ground. It is open circuit when the door is shut and goes to short circuit ( ie makes an earth ) when the door is open.

Hope that helps....

antgtir

Have you looked at the fuses lol :lol: :?:

As AJ4 has stated opening the door closes the circuit and allows current to pass through the bulb. Not sure whether the system works off a relay or just seperate wires etc for each scenario :?

Ant.

GTiR_Mic

I had the problem when I had my SR. When I was putting a new engine in the wires got crossed and blew a fuse and knocked out the buld.

The fuse that went was for the ECU so it just overfuled all the time etc till it was fixed.

Mic

SickBoy

I had this too, turned out that when i opened the door the door switch was no making the contact thus no light. Had to take to bits and clean up

Mind you if you have no light at all in any position prob not that :cry:

Lee