need help choosing wheel-tyre size!

S

str_motorsport

i currently have speedline corse 6,5x15 wheels, with 205-50-rubbers...
now i have fitted all whiteline suspension bushes,arb etc etc and a nice set of D2 coilovers(which i think i will be able to keep cause a friend in italy will give me his std susp to pass the mot)...so i need alower profile rubber, because with such a susopension kit, the 50 profile flex too much.
i wanted to fit 205-40-17 wheels, bt this will be too big and will kill my car's perf, so i will go for 16 inches....
now which tyre size?
the best option would be 215-40-16, with very low profile and larger tyre, but speedline corse only have 7x16 wheels and i really want to buy speedline corse wheels again...love them!they are light too and really fit the R!
will a 215 tyre fit well on a 7x16?
the simplest option would be a set of 205-45-16 but tyre profile won't bee that low compared to the 205 i now have...
of course i will go for zr and the 7" will help reducing flex....
please help me!!feedback really welcome!!!
thanks
David

nismoboy

Re: need help chossing wheel-tyre size!

ive got 15x7 and ive been told 215`s will fit so u will have no problems they will fit.

im going for 215/45/15`s

MarkTurbo

My compomotives are 7x16 with 215/40/16's and they fit fine :wink:

My mate hates fitting them for me though cos they've got such a small profile :lol:

S

str_motorsport

any pics of your compomotive and 215-40?
hope they are a good choice...i have seen that a lot of std cars have 215 on a 7" wheel, but my mechanic says it is better to go for a 7,5....

kyepan

i had 205 45 r15 on 7 inch enkei mags.. they weighed 5kgs without tyre.. i would have gone for 16's but only to put the ap racing brake kit under there.

195 50 r 15 toyo proxies t1r are 32 pounds from mytyres.. the 16" version is nearer 50-60 per corner... so if your gonna gothough more than one set a year.. smaller is cheaper

MarkTurbo

str_motorsport said:
any pics of your compomotive and 215-40?
This is the only pic i've got that shows any of the tyre close up. You cant see it that well but the tyre width is perfect for the wheel :wink: (Tyres are Yokohama A539's)