My single throttle body thread gone ?

Empty Pockets

Can't find my thread, i posted a couple of attachments on it this afternoon and now i can't find it, even when i click on my username and search for latest threads/posts it's not there, can anyone help please ?

Empty Pockets

Just after confirmation that the plug on the non oem tps was standard really ? Also thought the pics of the back of the plenum may be useful to anyone considering the same ?

Mad

Hi,

Sorry about that, the site is being worked on fixing some of the errors. It may well have got lost.

Apologies, my bad.

Empty Pockets

Thanks guys, yep, no problem, considering i don't even know what tapatalk is it could've quite easily been something i'd done, i'll be the first to admit that... Haha

Empty Pockets

Pic of the loom side plug on the non oem tps. Pics of the modded t/bodies & plenum, has had all the breathers tapped and grub screws fitted, couple of water pipes on the back cut off and weled up (think they're the cold start one's, somebody please correct if i'm wrong), pretty bare on the back now, i'm hoping this won't cause probs on the standard ecu as the car was previously being ran on a Motec m48.

Attachments

red reading

It will be a bit awkward to start, but tbh it could be mapped round with nistune, as long as you have tps,crank angle,airflow meter and temp sensor the car can run and drive, I started mine up with just those to test when I went single throttle body, the car was not drivable as the mapping was not right but it ran well enough to get it up to tempreture.

red reading

Ps remember the tps has a sub loom from it to the main loom, and check that it is the same value resistance to a stock one and the same rising or falling rate ....or the ecu will get all confused

Empty Pockets

Thanks Dan, don't really want to spend on nistune and mapping if i can help it, as i only really want it running to sell, thinking about what you're saying, it may well be worth me just sticking a standard inlet setup on it just to get it running, i have a couple here, sound like the sensible (easy/cheap) way to you bud ?

Empty Pockets

Oh yeah, the car it's going in was standard so all the connectors for oem maf, tps etc will be there, i should have the engine bay loom from this engine kicking about somewhere as i'm sure i took it out of the car before i scrapped it, for this exact reason..... Haha. I guess i need to go and have a look at it all really as i can't remember anything if i'm honest, better get ready for lots of 'what's this?' threads guys...... Haha

Empty Pockets

Think it's for the best now really, as i just can't justify buying aftermarket management for what i want to do with it. Thanks dude, decision made.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
@Fubar, Andy, look at the back of the manifold in the first pictures. You can see the water loop quite clearly

Empty Pockets

Not a chance ! I want to see a pic of you both together wearing an 'Empty Pockets helped me' printed T-shirt, or i'll buy that chaps bonnet with the nostrils like Michael Jackson and send it to your house......

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
LOL. I was just chatting to Andy last night about what I'd done to mine and he asked for photos.

I still need to take some more but if you take take photos of the back of your inlet manifold it will save me another job and we can negotiate on the T-Shirt ;-)