my protech twin scroll manifold

A

aerox

Hi
What do you think of this manifold.
Made by protech.
It's for a gti-r with koyo rad,gt30r and tial 40mm waste-gate

low612

Mike and Bruce always do a top notch job on their products they have came a long way. I would hesitate to get their stuff if i had the $.

gunmetalgtir

How come there's loads of joins on this manifold but there isn't on some other ones you see? What's the difference/benifits?

youngsyp

gunmetalgtir said:
How come there's loads of joins on this manifold but there isn't on some other ones you see? What's the difference/benifits?
There's no benefit with using welded joins bud, it just means the pipes don't have to be bent as much.

With the acute angles that have to be used to make a manifold, sometimes, it isn't possible to bend the pipe into that shape. So, that partially bend it and weld another pipe on, to get the required angle etc...
As long as the internal joints are smooth, you might as well use joins, instead of bends, to make you life easier.

With 'other' manifolds, they probably do have the joins but, they're smoothed and then the whole manifold is chrome plated, so you can't see any joins.

Nad

gunmetalgtir said:
The type and style of pipe Protech and many others make their manifolds out of come in either 45 or 90 degree bends normally. They are then manipulated by cutting or grinding to make the pipe runs. IIRC its cast steam pipe and very thick.