My new lovefab manifold being made

paz

Novice manifold question.

Does the increased length of the manifold tubes have any adverse effect on the spool up time of the turbo, or is that fact that the manifold is [likely] more polished and efficient than the standard manifold negate that?

Paz

O

Odin

No it will probably effect the spool up slightly, But that's why I'm having it internally and externally coated to keep the heat where it should be.

Plus I'm using a better T3 flanged GT3076R turbo and external gate on this set up.

Rob

turbodaily

do you not have probs with cracking with the turbo where it is,doesnt look like it has much support with all that weight being on one side??

paz

Odin said:
No it will probably effect the spool up slightly, But that's why I'm having it internally and externally coated to keep the heat where it should be.

Plus I'm using a better T3 flanged GT3076R turbo and external gate on this set up.

Rob
Fair enough, cheers for the answer.

Paz

J

justin666

Blimey.. Looks impressive Rob :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Same question as above really, Will there be any kinda support for the Manifold as that big tubby is surely gonna strain things!! :shock: :shock: :shock: I know you will have thought about this so assume you already have a cunning plan to stop it falling to bits :lol: :lol: :lol: Pray tell young man...

Cheers

J.

O

Odin

turbodaily said:
do you not have probs with cracking with the turbo where it is,doesnt look like it has much support with all that weight being on one side??
I know that Lovefab have only had problems with a few manifolds since 2002 all of which where fixed by them, As for the weight of the turbo they are making support bracketry for all these manifolds, I wouldn't know about its long term durability because I haven't received it yet, But I trust in their workmanship 100%.

I will be looking into getting it braced even more if I feel their is a need ;-) , But they are making up a nice support bracket that mounts to the front gearbox mount.

Rob

J

justin666

Im sure the workmanship is top quality but im just concerned about the name.....

LOVEFAB!?!?!?!?!? Who the heck thought of that!!! :doh: :lol: :lol: :lol: Bit ghey like :lol: :lol: :lol:

J.

O

Odin

justin666 said:
Im sure the workmanship is top quality but im just concerned about the name.....

LOVEFAB!?!?!?!?!? Who the heck thought of that!!! :doh: :lol: :lol: :lol: Bit ghey like :lol: :lol: :lol:

J.

I think that its the guys name mate (Cody loveland) :thumbsup: , Or maybe he just loves fabrication :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:
S

str_motorsport

my lovefab manifold is up for sale now,genuine reason for sle,wedding in 4 months and change of work that will not allow me to do my rebuild by myself.
pm for details if intrested and for pics