My New (but unfinished) exhaust manifold

S

Sirnixalot

Well i wasnt allowed to post the previous pix i took because the builders a perfectionists 8). But they are allowing me to post these :D

They still have to position the wastegate and weld up all the runners ....ill add those this weekend :)

Enjoy

J

J-GTi-R

There appears to be a man with a cardboard box for a head in the last photo.

I hope you're going to be replacing those exhaust studs too!

Otherwise it looks very nice!!

C

caz

Looks good mate. I hear that CARDBOARDBOX HEAD man is the velly best of tuners. :wink:

A

antilag

the card board box is to prtect the tures identity as its all top secret prototype stuff :wink:

G

GTI-R Kid

And there was me thinking that Nikko had taken the lightweight thing to extremes with a re-enforced cardboard air-box. :shock:

C

caz

Actually I reckon he has got a head, but while he was working away Nikko farted through the grey pipes and the stench caused him to pass straight out into the box :wink:

S

Sirnixalot

lol...the guys head is further in the engine bay looking at which spot was best to locate the wastegate :lol:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Is that Dave the cardboard box? Star of one of Jasper Carrots series in the 80s (I think)?

M

Muppet

Looks good. What engine management are you going to use as it looks like you have gone dizzyless.

regards muppet.

S

Sirnixalot

A few standard manifold comparisons

MMMM look at that collector..MUCH better than the standard one

Over view

I know its only one foot and its not naked but please bare with me :oops: :roll:

S

Sirnixalot

nope its not stainless. Its Schedule 40 carbon steel. Its 3 or 4mm thick and doesnt expand as much as stainless does. I just have to get it ceramic coated and i will never have to worry about it rusting or cracking.

The pipes are 1.5 inches in diameter or around 38mm. The runners are 18inches long i think.....it might be 16 ill have to ask again