MSD ignition

dobby

Hi peeps,

I have done some searching and I just want to clear things up.
I am aiming for as much power as I can get as long as its over 400 but more like 450bhp.
I am asking about ignition though.
If I buy these two products, will they be enough and will they work with the standard ecu for tuning.

Digital 6-Plus Ignition Control
Ignition Coil, HVC-2, 6 Series

I already have magnecor leads but I will also get a new distributor cap and rotor. I have the spark plugs waiting to go in also. Am I missing anything else?

Information I found so far is years old so has anything changed.

Cheers,

Mark.

R

riske

You would need a reprogrammable ECU to get the bhp you want. That way once you add everything you can get it mapped = bhp

ChrisS

Hi peeps,

I have done some searching and I just want to clear things up.
I am aiming for as much power as I can get as long as its over 400 but more like 450bhp.
I am asking about ignition though.
If I buy these two products, will they be enough and will they work with the standard ecu for tuning.

Digital 6-Plus Ignition Control
Ignition Coil, HVC-2, 6 Series

I already have magnecor leads but I will also get a new distributor cap and rotor. I have the spark plugs waiting to go in also. Am I missing anything else?

Information I found so far is years old so has anything changed.

Cheers,

Mark.
The standard ignition set up will be fine for 400bhp.

P

pulsarboby

it all depends on boost level your running as to whether you get spark blowout! people have ran in excess of 415 on standard ignition whilst others are experiencing probs above 1.5 boost level.
the tuner should tell you whether you need it or not.

if you do then my near new msd setup has just been put up for sale (as im now running less boost so not needed)
its the later version with big blaster coil and amp which will be fine for running any boost level you chuck at it.
but as i said have a word with your mapper first to see what he suggests

dobby

Ok cheers, I was trying to refer to a daughter board standard ecu like HDEVs. I understand the standard setup is ok for 400 but I will eventually want alot more.
Pulsarboby, I am very interested in your MSD stuff you have for sale.

stumo

Dobby, if your ign system is working well you probibly won't need the MSD, try it first to see if your ok before spending out.

Also the digital 6 has features you won't need (ign curve etc etc), you're probibly best going for either the 6A or the new 6AL2....

antopulsar

i run 1.6/1.8 bar all stnd ignition i have got an uprated plug which works wonders. it sometimes floods yes but no spark plug blow out pm me if you want more details alot cheaper than all that msd stuff (i used to run it my self)

O

Odin

I bought all the MSD stuff for my car but never got around to fitting it, It ran so well at 1.9 bar and over 500 BHP that I didn't see the point of buggering around with the standard set up as it was working OK.

Rob