Moving Air cone

Stevo

Now im gonna put battery in boot, and move my air cone nearer headlight for cold air feed.
Now can i use exhaust material to make a customer pipe to run striaght from turbo to air cone?

Might sound silly but is exhaust material good enuff? it would be chromed etc but not to sure if the bore size is rite??
i have a mate who works for longlife zorst so can get part very very cheap :wink:

A

AJ4

You'll probably need some sort of flexible pipe in there, the turbo is bolted to the engine ( which moves ) and the airfilter is bolted to the body ( which doesn't ). Unless you plan to support the whole intake with a single pipe or support it from somewhere else on the engine ?

The diameter doesn't have to be huge, use at least the same size as the turbo inlet pipe unless you have a huge AFM ( like a Q45 or something ).

Stevo

well plan was to have samco hosing from turbo to pipe, the samco pipe from other end to AFM unit and have a bracket support it on top or wheel arch as such.

C

Crazy

I have the Hi-Teq cold air industcion kit which moves the airfilter to behind the headlight and it is not bolted to the body of the car and it is the same diameter as the turbo inlet but then the becomes a lot bigger on the AFM side :wink:

Nearly as big as my Z32 AFM :)

And yes it has Samco at each ends 8)

Stevo

Mark this is exactly what i want.
Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee make me one :lol: :wink:
Didi u make all the piping urself?

R

Riggsbie

This is exactly what I need too......

Please add me to your list :lol: