More Seat Subframes M'larkey

Simmo

After leaving the Sparco's in the cupboard for nearly 6 months, I've finally got myself in the mood to fit them to the 'R.

Had a read through the posts it looks like if I grab a pair of Cobra sub frames they'll end up too high and too far back, but I don't really want to have to butcher the std frames.

Anyone know the best solution to get these buggers in and still being able to drive the beast? BTW The seats are Sparco Fighter2's and are base mount.

SickBoy

M8 i have now got the same problem with my corbeau targas the subframes are about as much use as ...well you know to high ,to narrow etc.

So using the existing subframes is the answer place near here did my m8s sparcos in his "R" for 100 quid so im hopin for the same

Lee

S

Sunnyboy368

Guys,

i am abooot to fork out for targas and will get the rear seats retrimmed to match but i am worried about the subframes. sounds liek my worries do have foundation. they will leave me high and dry. so how do i use the exisitng original subframes???????

cheers guys.

Sunnyboy368

*13*

Seat fitting looks straight forward but is usually a bit of a 'mare... I have Corbeau Pro Race seats bolted to cut down Corbeau side mount plates.These are then bolted to slider rails, and then onto alloy subframes.

What I thought was going to take an afternoon took ages, loads of head scratching, and trail and error. If it helps, some of the problems you may encounter are...

The seats end up too high, especially with the addition of sliders.
The subframe and seats mounts are incompatable. Either requiring hole drilling or cutting and welding the subframe or bolting in a spacer plate (which takes up more valuable height.) I did have Cobra sub-frames, but these were too narrow for the Corbeau seat mount but I used them as a pattern to make up new subframes.
The subframe bolt pattern is slightly different to the mounting points due to crappy manufacturing.
If the seats you are fitting do not tilt forward access to the rear seat is almost impossible for a regular size adult. You can bolt the slider rails on further forward on the subframe, and this allows the seat to push up to the steering wheel improving access a bit.
The back of the subrame takes up rear passenger leg room.

Don't be too dis-heartened; reading this makes it sounds worse than it really is...

GOOD LUCK!

S

Sunnyboy368

about 500 squids incluuding subframes and extra material to retrim the rear seats. NOT BAD