monting an aftermarket boost gauge

JIMMYBACK

where on earth can u feed the rubber hose through the engine bay to the gauge in side the car :?:

O

one Gti-R

One the passenger side in the firewall there is a hole.

The easiest way to get to it is take the battery out and the Standard airbox if you still have it if not just take off the pod. From the engine bay you will see the hole in the fire wall it has a rubber cover covering the other wires. just poke a small hole in the side and feed the vacume hose through. This job is made easier if you have the metal vacume line.

Or you can do the dodgy and run it through the door up over the front 1/4 pannel between the pannel and the windscreen and into the engine bay that way.

I suggest take the time and use option 1 :wink:

J

jasegould

I drilled a hole through the bulkhead in the drivers footwell and used a rubber grommit

O

one Gti-R

Jasegould said:
I drilled a hole through the bulkhead in the drivers footwell and used a rubber grommit
I guess thats another option :D

Mr GTiR

on the drivers side under the power steering tank (i think) there is a small rubber grommet that pops out just behind the clocks.

I spent ages trying to find this but then again myu engine is out and a tad easier lol.

I can get a pic if you want.

Good luck mate.

Regards
Andy