Mongoose Noise?

B

bean

Is there a big noise difference when using different tail pipes on a Mongoose?

I've got a 5" tail pipe and it's very noisy!!!

Would a twin tail pipe or single 3" be a lot quieter?

I hope my goose quitens down cos I'm getting a headache! :shock:

E

Edd

I think there is a slight sound difference between pipes BUT they are still both very loud and will give you a headache, its the fact the goose has only one main silencer :wink:

you should have bought summit quiet or kept the std zorts :shock:

S

Sunny Nutter

I love the sound of my 3" goose and wouldnt change it!
if its so loud and gives you a headache, I suggest ear plugs! :twisted:

B

bean

OK, I'll stop moaning like an old woman and turn the stereo up instead! :lol:

G

gotoinstant-redline

no no no.. i tool the stero out cos it wasnt really loud enough once you get over about 80mph.. so to save weight and my ears i just removed it. :)

now my car is faster to 60 and 1/4m

i surgest that you go clubbing on thursday, friday, saturday and sunday.. stand as close to the speakers are you can all night for 4 nights and you wont be bothered by your zorst again :)

L.

B

Ben Chandler

When I ordered mine, Martin (Collins) said that the 5in tail is louder. The 3in isn't that loud, it just sounds sweet imo. I'm well happy with it, just wanna get my R on the rollers now and get it set-up nice. If you get fed up with the noise I might swap ya... :lol:

G

GTI-R Kid

I think the 5" is slightly louder than the 3.5" trim. I have the latter and i'm hoping to get the former some time. :lol:

B

bean

If anyone has recently bought a Mongoose system with a 3" tail pipe and wants to swap for a 5" instead lets strike a deal!

Must be in excellent condition cos mine is brand new so I don't want a manky old one to replace mine!

Bean.
ant_bean@yahoo.co.uk

Hannie

ok so when were talking loud, are we meaning deafening loud... hense i wanna know as i'm off to buy one soon :D

Mr GTiR

lol loud and proude.

i've got a 3" exhaust system and it sounds the bollox :D pops, bangs and farts just on tick over nver mind at speed, look mint though when it pops a flame :wink:

just do what i did in the car and sound deaden the back end of the car and front doors - makes a world of difference :D

R

rsnissan

There are some clips in the link below of my car with a full mongoose custom 4.5" slash cut tail pipe (no baffles) and the only silencer removed and replaced with a straight through 3" pipe

it was fookin loud when on boost to say the least

Car Clips