Mongoose center silencer/box

Sonnygtir

I've thinking of having the center box on my mongoose removed and have a pipe in place. It's all buggered and rattly. :( Is this gonna pop my ear drums? :lol:

I only ask because someone told me it was a cat replacement box and wouldn't make much of a difference to the noise if removed?!?

Ta

skiddusmarkus

From what other people have said who've removed that,it makes it even louder still :shock: .Might get you pulled for the noise.
If it's knackered and you're the original purchaser of the mong,then you can claim on their lifetime guarentee.

R

rsnissan

its well loud with the silencer removed. I have a vid clip of mine with it removed on some rollers. I would only do it if it was not an everyday car and your not gonna be visiting some country village with a jumped up copper :oops:

Sonnygtir

thankfully I don't drive it everyday. Drive it rarely. If it's gonna spit more flames I'll be happy. I just wanted to get it sorted before I make a 200mile drive this weekend. Sounds like a bag of bolts the center section at 3k rpm.

I'm not the purchaser of the exhaust but I can always try a fast one as I'm on good terms with the previous owner.

RSNissan, how big is that clip you have? Any chance u could mail it to me if not too big... still on 56k connection :oops:

R

rsnissan

Mongoose Clip its 13.2 Megs

The exhaust is a full mongoose with a 3" straight through de cat pipe and a custom 4.5" tail pipe. You can hear it pop as it backs off and sets of a car alarm somewhere :shock: and some (mongoose) flames on the overrun.....................god only know what would have happened if i had the Burners switched on as well :twisted:

Sonnygtir

Thanks Andy. I'll start downloading that now. Sounds like I'm going to have some fun. The neighbours already complain about my car. :lol:

andygtir

mines totally unsilenced and it's awsome :D

the bass travels right through the house at idle, once 2500rpm arrives all hell breaks loose and it just roars! 8)

i was just going to keep it like it for the odd drive and 'spirited run' but its been on for a few weeks now and doesnt look like its coming off... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

it lets out several pops and bangs on near enough every gear change and crackles and pops when backing off, sounds like anti-lag! then theres the mega-huge 'thuds' when a flame arrives!!!!

and thats on standard fueling...cant wait till its set up for 1.2bar soon :shock: :twisted: