miss fire

nathan

hello again just been for a drive about and my car has just developeda miss fire it only does in 1st 2nd and 3rd and oly when on boost any ideas ? cheers

R

riske

Replace sparks??? Not sure mate mine is doing it and that's what people say to me...

gtir_pimp

its handy if you know someone with the same car so you can swap bits one by one to see whats causing the problem. spark plugs, dizzy cap, ht leads, rotor arm are all things that could be the problem and there are more like fuel filter but not sure on the rest

nathan

picked up every thing tonight plugs leads dizzy and arm i'll put them all on in the morning see if that cures it. Fingers crossed

R

riske

You not loosing boost? Does it do it if you give it some in those gears? DO you mean backfire or missfire?

nathan

both when you floor it the turbo starts to spool up then it misses and backfires it was running fine untill yesterday then went out to it in the mornin and stared this problem

gtir_pimp

what boost are you running and is it on a controller or bleed valve? i noticed when my standard pump was on the way out it pissed about as soon as the boost was turned up. so put your R back to standard boost and see what happens when you floor it.

red reading

that sound's like det to me,carry on driving the car at your own risk,change the fuel filter and pump if need's be before you melt the piston's

red reading

you need to get it checked out properly really as internet diagnosis is not easy,but if you have changed all the ignition parts(i.e plug's,lead's,dizzy cap rotor arm,coil,ign amp)and set the plug gap's to .6mm rather than .9mm and that hasn't cured it,then the next logical thing would be to change the inline fuel filter,and if that does'nt work then check the fuel lines for leak's and the fuel pressure regulator (is the vacuem hose attached properly,is it working?) if that does not work then change the fuel pump, i hate typing