Milometer / Trip meter Stopped

P

PEBS

Hello all. I am a new user and have only owner my Pulsar for 5 weeks now, but how happy am i !!
I am hoping someone will have some advice for my problem ?
I was driving down to JAE yesterday in Northampton.
I hit the trip meter at the start of the jorney. After a great day a i looked on the way home to see it had clocked 128 miles then stopped.
I reset the trip but it just stopped working. Also the milometer hadn't moved any more either. The speedo was working fine which confused me even more !
When i bought the car the orginal owner had decided to wot i can gather to convert the milometer from Kilometers to Miles.
I would appreciate any help or information on how to fix this problem.
Many thanks.

Keira

if you mean he's wired in a de-limiter/convertor and then wound the kms back to give the right miles the gears may now be stuck. Or it could just be abit of cr@p in there.

Mine got stuck,

took the dash out, poked about abit at the back of the oddometer, put it all back in and hey presto it worked again 8)

P

PEBS

Cheers kieron.
Will give that a go at the weekend.
I think what you said concerning the de-limiter/convertor and then wound back the kms is probably what had been done, so fingers crossed a general poke at the gears will free it up.

Keira

just have a good look at it so you understand what turns what and you should get it working again.

A

AJ4

The worst thing about winding back an odometer - opening up the case and finding a little sticker that says " Oh no ! Not again !! " :D:D:D