mileage clock not working now!aaahhhhh

J

japedup

1 thing after another i swear.my mileage is not clocking up now and neither is the 1 next to it.is it a dash out job or what or is it a fuse :evil:

J

japedup

GOOD POINT FAST GUY. BUT ITS THE SERVICING THAT I WONT HAVE A CLUE WHEN TO DO

chrisniss91

if my car goes over 115mph the speedo stops working and the speedometer as well.Then when i stop to a standstill it all works again :?

Keira

The oddometer ??? ( think thats the technical term for mileage measuring device :) ) stopped working on mine, dash out im afraid, the gears had got stuck and required abit of gentle persuassion to do their job properly, never had a problem since.

E

Evil_GtiR

It's the little "gears" tat turns the number on the odometer broke (the linkage). Only way to fix it is to replace just the counter. You can also get it off the 200 or 180 sx i think. The reason it broke (the linkage) is that someone had tampered with it before.

A

AZ STE

Had the same problem with mine take the whole assembly out to get at the mileage part you have to cut a slot in the back screws as they are tamper proof.The mileometer works off a small geared motor each digit has a small spring arm pushing it into the correct position.I took it all apart one of the bevel gears had stuck.use some light oil to lubricate them.