Midland Turbo

PulsarLee

Hi

Was thinking of sending my standard turbo for a reforb as its started to smoke on over run and gear change when under load.......:sad: Car still boosts up and holds boost well so was thinking that may get away with a 360 degree bearing upgrade and refurb only @ around £225.

Anyone had any success with refurbs like this or experience of Midland Turbo?

Thanks

Lee

snoon

I'll never get a refurb again - they just don't seem to last as long.

Also, if you're expecting £225, it will no doubt be £445 as it will need more parts.

johnny gtir

not sure which company 's he used but a friend of mine had 3 rebuilds two from one company and the last from a different one all 3 were smoking shortly after builds. do not think they were spun up and rebalanced just rebuilt with the kits. this was not even a pulsar just thought i would add it. my neighbour used crt turbos ? got warranty etc and seems to be all good but cost him nearly £600 that inc postage each way

P

pulsarboby

im not mentioning any companies but ive had 4 rebuilt over the years and each one has failed shortly after, one lasted only till it was first put on boost lol.

the annoying thing is that when you phone them about it they get the asshole and say 'well must be a fault with car or its run bearing dry etc' they always have a getout even when you know the engine and oil supply is fine:roll:

i think they do not have the proper balancing facilities (especially the smaller companies......i would never ever waste my money getting one rebuilt again, would be cheaper in the longrun and a lot less agg to go out and buy either a known good secondhand one or buy a brand new one from the off

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
To throw a spanner in the works :lol:

Had my turbo re-built after it gave up the ghost; I had a full breakdown of what was wrong, upgrades, and rebuilt within a week.

So far so good and that was in Jan this year.

Contact details can be offered if needed.

snoon

Had mine rebuilt twice by AET - and it's goosed again.

I'm just going to buy a standard 2nd hand one as I've got well over a grand now in my knackered tubby and I'm not spending another £500 to have it rebuilt.