Maximum boost for MY config.

P

paolo_GTIR

Hello all,

I would like to know which the turbo pressure maximum I can have according to my config. while remaining safe.

Pistons TOMEI 87mm
Metal head gasket TOMEI 88mm
T28 stock ( it is new. 150kms.. )
ECU stock
Injectors stock
fuel pump upgraded
camshafts recut (I do not know the exact dimensions, I bought the car broken engine, but camshafts are clearly not origin...)
Balanced rods and pistons
Balanced cranckshaft
FMIC ( Forge, or citroën XM 2.5 TD )
HKS SSQV
Blitz sonic air filter
greddy profec B spec II

thanks you.

Paolo

P

paolo_GTIR

Ilskog said:
1-1.2 bar i think..
Only? :shock: :?

on my S14 (with pistons STOCK), the limit was to 1,2 bar... (fuel and the ECU were in function) 1,1 bar for very safe...

G

gagge

You cant really say what the limit is.. Some people are running 1.4 on almost stock cars and without breaking anything while others break their engines on almost stock boost...

Its all about how the condition of your car is and how the car is setup.

If the fueling and ignition is set correctly you should be able to run about 1.4 bar. If that would be 100% safe I cant really say but according to me your engine should be able to take it ifs the engine is in good condition that is.

Im always trying to modfiy a car so that I dont need to make high boost for high power. Instead I try to optimize the car so that the "flow" gets better insetad of making lots of boost...

Just my 50 cent...

Regards
Gagge

A

Anonymous

Running high boost on the standard turbo, dosnt this cause it to leak oil into the air pipes more ?

If so to much oil's gonna lower octane levels right ?

I'm still using the standard turbo and I think I'l call it a day at 1.2bar, I dont really care about killing the turbo, i just dont want to cause damage to the rest of my engine .

skiddusmarkus

With that spec,I'd say you are wasting it using standard injectors and turbo.I'd fit a better turbo,some form of fuelling/ignition/boost control and bigger injectors and run 1.4bar+ You'll have around 350bhp+.You'll also need a stronger clutch to go with it

P

paolo_GTIR

yes I forgot in the list...

a reinforced clutch and a line complete are in the pipeline...

In fact, I do not want to go too much far... the Tomei Pistons, I have it is bought because the pistons present in the engine was broken. (I bought the car not very expensive, but with broken engine...) one day, I would buy turbo the larger, as well as injectors raised. but for the moment that will go like that... if not my banker and my wife will kill me!

S

str_motorsport

paolo 1,2 bar and a chipped ecu with rev limit set to 8000rpm and optimax fuel!!that will be safe and fast!!!!!!!!!!

M

memski

1.4bar with stock injectors, afm and fmic so long as you can adjust the fuel with a controller and map it accordingly (good fuel in Italy?)

Can go for more boost if you have bigger injectors, afm and hybrid turbo.