mapping

P

powerfreack

hello everybody just looking into getting my car mapped up i am using motec ecu i have looked into getting bob rawle to do it can anybody recemend him or anywere else that would be good to install it and map it up for me traveilng is not a problem as long as they do a good job and dont do what the last place did which blew my engine up due to detting not sure if i am aloud to mention the name of the company but i think they are best known as det dave

thanks lads

O

Odin

powerfreack said:
hello everybody just looking into getting my car mapped up i am using motec ecu i have looked into getting bob rawle to do it can anybody recemend him or anywere else that would be good to install it and map it up for me traveilng is not a problem as long as they do a good job and dont do what the last place did which blew my engine up due to detting not sure if i am aloud to mention the name of the company but i think they are best known as det dave

thanks lads

I have a motec M48 Pro, I found powerstation to be very very good with the motec.

Rob

P

powerfreack

thanks guys i only want the best as i cant afored for this engine to go pop like the last one did as its not cheap
thanks

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Sam ellasar (sp?) aka The Dentist is also good at mapping these. He's in Scotland, but will travel I believe for a price.

P

powerfreack

cheres i have used the dentist before and he is very good but did not think he mapped motec he did my power fc before he goes to evo 400 to do a lot of there mapping so if anybody wanted to use him if you ring dave gammon up at evo400 he will tell you when he is next down at his place and will book you in with sam ( dentist )who i belive has just mapped a car for gammon which prodjuced over 750bhp on a 2litere engine
i shall give him a ring tommorow and ask him see
thanks lads

O

Odin

I was thinking of getting sam to have ago at mine because wallace in aberdeen have done a pretty pi55 poor job of re mapping it last time :cry: .

Its only a short 70 mile drive down to dundee to sam's place 8) .

Rob

P

powerfreack

i would mate when he did my power fc he did a great job as i only live in sheffield its not that far for me to go to evo 400 and have sam map it for me when he did my power fc i think he charged me £150-200 for it done but that was as a favour realy as dave gammon owed me a favour i think he normaly charges around £250-300 for power fc mapping

O

Odin

powerfreack said:
i would mate when he did my power fc he did a great job as i only live in sheffield its not that far for me to go to evo 400 and have sam map it for me when he did my power fc i think he charged me £150-200 for it done but that was as a favour realy as dave gammon owed me a favour i think he normaly charges around £250-300 for power fc mapping

I hoping its not going to be to costly as it doesn't need a full remap just a bit of tweeking here and there ;-) .

Rob

P

powerfreack

not sure how much it will be mate the price i qouted was for the power fc to be instaled and a full map i shall let u no how much he is going to charge me to instal the motec and a full map
i wouldent think he would charge you much just to sort it out i would say probely around £50-100 just to check it all over

Fazz

@powerfreak Any reason u chose the Motec over fc this time round?? or did it come with replacement car?

Just interested as I'm on market for ecu soon.

Sorry for off topic.

P

powerfreack

persnol choice realy mate and the motec is better in my eyes just couldent get on with the fc realy and motec is a good ecu the power fc was good but the motec is better i think as you can map the throttle bodys better and you can olso get extra goodies with it like the coil pack etc but i read somewere the fc dont like going over 2 bar not sure if its true or not the motec is double the price of the fc though about £2400 for the motec
you could olso go with autotronics which is just as good and is made by the same person that design motec ecu
and theres olso aem ecu which are supposed to be good
hope that helps

O

Odin

My motec cost me £2700 fitted and mapped at powerstation, but that was nearly 4 years ago now.

The only problem I've had with the motec is its cold running :cry: its a bag of bolts till it warms up :roll: , Also its hard to find a good mapper up here and I'm still not happy with how it runs at the moment :roll: , Powerstation did a far better job it was just so much smoother when they mapped it :-D .

Its ok a full boost but running around town its nasty, lumpy and jerky it does my head in, Wallace told me it maybe because the lambda isn't working, But thats b0llox because it wasn't switched on after powerstation mapped it and it ran fine.

Rob

P

powerfreack

the prices have come down a bit since you had yours done then most pepole refuse to pay for motec as most of the time it nearly cost as much as the car and the cold running isnt that big of a problem realy as you should not be given it much boost when cold and you should get usred to it but like rob said its all down to were you can get it mapped as any ecu will be shit if it isnt mapped corectly just look into who is about your way that can map good and what they map

ChrisS

Mine doesnt like cold running too much either, but is fine after a few mins. Off boost its also very smooth and picks up no probs. End of the day the cars nly going to run aswell as the map thats on it.

O

Odin

powerfreack said:
but like rob said its all down to were you can get it mapped as any ecu will be shit if it isnt mapped corectly just look into who is about your way that can map good and what they map
This can be a real problem that people don't give enough thought to in my opinion :roll: ,It can be very costly if you keep giving some muppet the chance to keep re doing it :evil: , I've probably spent ove 2k on getting it re mapped over the 4 years I've had it :shock: . And in my opinion it would of been a lot cheaper for me to of run it the 600 miles back down to powerstation :shock: .

A good mapper is worth his weight in gold ;-) , I hear good things about OWEN DEVELOPMENTS as well.

Rob

P

powerfreack

very true i dont mind spending a few £££ in petrol for the right person like stated in my first post that i dont mind traviling as 2k is a lot of money for it to be mapped all the time but if you get it done right in the first place it wont cost anywere near that but like stated abouve always get advise on this its worth driving a long way for the right person as a car will only perform as well as its mapped the only person i would not recemend is the pepole in warighton formaly known as det dave if u did any info regardinhg who i am on about pm me and i will tell u my last engine was down to them
my advise to anybody looking into buying a ecu and getting it mapped would be look into it what u want from the car who can map it for u and the use of the car and what u intend to use the car for i am not saying the power fc is crap its just that motec is my persnol prefrence and there is a lot of pepole using power fc so it must be working well for them