mapping standard ecu

M

micra_pete

the standard ecu is good enough for high power modifications, not just minor things, just ensure whoever is doing it knows what they are doing.

P

pulsarboby

well well chaps, thanks for all the info, but i must say that a lot of it has gone right over my head 'being a bit thick and all'

but from what i can gather from most of the info is that i will be better using the emanage which i already have but not fitted yet, i just need the relevant harnesses as i havent got them!

from what i was told by this other guy who works for fords, i wouldnt need anything as he had the software to map the car from a laptop:? but obviously with so many of your comments, this cannot be the case!

so i may aswell just either buy the harnesses and pay for someone to map it properly.
or get a power fc, and have a weekend up at jims place in liverpool, and let him have a crack at it for me:-D whilst i take the missus shopping (only joking jim;-) )

PaulB

yup, if youve already got the gear then you could use what youve got.

Or you could sell what youve got, and pay for Horsham Developments to remap your standard ECU, saving you the money for extra harnesses and rolling road time.

I think a std ECU can do what a Power FC does, as they are getting on a bit now.

micra_pete said:
the standard ecu is good enough for high power modifications, not just minor things, just ensure whoever is doing it knows what they are doing.
oooooooo choices eh !!