manifold

ashills

incoloy is best but u wont like the price tag IE 2k
thick wall steel is best stainless if u dont mind a higher risk of cracking

Keira

Odin said:
:roll: WOOD
i think it would be very hard to bore out the runners if you used wood, if you went for some toilet roll tubes with the inside sprayed with some vht paint and stuck some tinfoil on the outside it would be far easier to make and the paint and foil would protect it from the heat

P

pulsarboby

what a stupid answer kieron:roll: :roll: i thought you knew a fair amount about these cars, but this pathetic answer proves not:der:
if you used toilet rolls and tinfoil on the inner, what is gonna happen when you drive through a puddle?
well i'l tell you:roll: the outer manifold will collapse due to watersoak, and that will be the end of it! please think before you respond:doh:

however my arch enemy 'thunderblob' has used his initiative in suggesting wood, which is a far more durable material, but may i suggest that a hardwood is far more beneficial as this is less likely to suffer from woodworm and rot, which means that in the long run it will be more cost effective:-D

oops! my mistake:der: he did actually say use tin foil on the outside, now im gonna top myself as kieron is the daddy:hail:

Last edited by a moderator:

rayman75

i would be up for a wood one. what about a plastic/nylon one it would be weather proof and lighter.

rob see if you can sort out a group buy for the wooden ones.

Keira

pulsarboby said:
oops! my mistake:der: he did actually say use tin foil on the outside, now im gonna top myself as kieron is the daddy:hail:
i was just about to point that out, its obvious the foil would need to go on the outside :der: :lol:

what sort of idiot would make a toilet tube manifold and put the foil on the inside

Keira

rayman75 said:
i would be up for a wood one. what about a plastic/nylon one it would be weather proof and lighter..
i dont think plastic would be up to the job as it would melt.

chicken wire used to form the shapes of the runners and collector that is then covered in bits of glued on broken crockery (ceramics, like the space shuttle) could be another option

ashills

there will be plastic turbo manifolds at some point the new plastics they are developing can withstand massive amounts of heat

O

Odin

MORF114 said:
Wood!!:lol: what a stupid answer is that what your new ones made from rob a walnut manifold.

Well I think a walnut manifold would be of more use than your walnut sized brain fella :shock: :lol: :lol: :der: .

Rob

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Odin said:
Well I think a walnut manifold would be of more use than your walnut sized brain fella :shock: :lol: :lol: :der: .

Rob
PMSL :lol: :lol: :lol:

You lot are so thick :doh:

Personally I think youv'e all missed the opertunity to be using the best, eviromentally friendly material.

I'm going for a mix of recycled newspaper, flour water and a little wall paper paste for good measure, add a little chicken wire to make the framework and your well on your way to making your first paper mache manifold. Leave 24 hours to dry out then spray the VHT paint on the inside and sticky back plastic on the outsideto keep the water off.

Sorted :thumbsup: