manifold

DownunderGTiR

what manifold are people using on their R?
i just want to see what option i have. im looking at getting one very soon and i been looking around at place such as fullrace protech ect. but there a not many off the shelf manifold for R around.

i looking in making around 500hp and will be using it on a GT3071r a/r .86

thank:thumbsup:

O

Odin

DownunderGTiR said:
what manifold are people using on their R?
i just want to see what option i have. im looking at getting one very soon and i been looking around at place such as fullrace protech ect. but there a not many off the shelf manifold for R around.

i looking in making around 500hp and will be using it on a GT3071r a/r .86

thank:thumbsup:

First off fella you wont be making 500 bhp on a 3071R no matter what housing you're using :doh: , Manifold wise you will struggle to get one to fit in the standard position with a turbo big enough, But it could be done with a 3076R ;-) .

Rob

DownunderGTiR

sry that was my bad ....i was meant to write close to 500hp somewhere at about 450hp i would be very happy with.
i looking for something that would stand the test of time and my driving but would also help increase mid/top end power.
so back to what im trying to ask is what off the shelf manifold are people using on their R with the GT3071r turbo?

Hai

Last edited:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Allegedly the 3071 might make about 450bhp if you push it to about 2.3bar. So personally, I'd either lower your sights abit , or go for a bigger turbo that won't be on the limit and will therefore last longer.

O

Odin

I think stu is pulling 450 ish bhp as is Steve pudney with the 3071R at about 1.8bar, I think Rishi was saying that if you wanted matching torque figures then you'd need to run over 2 bar.

Manfold wise I think you have the choice of the DP/2fast or full race if you can find one.

Rob

DownunderGTiR

MORF114

There is a place in nz that do a gtir specific manifold for a gtir was 780 dollars (under 300 quid) i have one on mine with ext wastegate flange they can make one for cheaper with out the flange. still cheap even if you live on the other side of the world. have a look on trademe.co.nz and see if they have any on there the dollar is quite high now too so good for you bad for me kinda thing. usually starts to decline this time of year then goes high at christmas.

Keira

not being funny but how much do you think a good strong tubular manifold should be then ?...not that the hks one fits that description :lol:

tomble

Many pennies no doubt, but i rekon you could get a very good one made up for alot less than the HKS one's silly price.

Tom

Keira

£800 isn't a silly price though, i got quoted £2000 for a manifold i wanted, now thats silly :lol:

MORF114

depends on the flange on your full race manifold if it is std t2 flange then yes std turbo and 3071 in std location.