Manifold & Turbo combination

boucherie

Ive managed to locate a tubular manifold for the R, but the owner says that its for the HKS 3037S turbo which is far too big for my current needs.
What other turbos have similar fixings to this turbo, as im looking for quiet a high spec while keeping standard internals (well until they decide to break :roll: )

To give you an idea of the turbo i need this is a quick spec of the car:

Front mount,
Uprated fuel pump,
AVC-R set to 1.1 (but will increase to 1.2 when it goes for mapping)
Uprated Clutch
Shotpeened gearbox
Mongoose full system

waiting to fit:
either new ecu or unichip (maybe a dastek :?: )
tubular manifold (pending replies on here :!: )
turbo (pending replies on here :!: )
3" turbo elbow
stainless downpipe

would i be right in thinking that i could get as much as 340bhp out of this spec, or am i being too ambitious :lol:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Some people get 340 out of the standard set up at about 1.3/4 bar. With a bigger turbo and tubular manifolds you could be 350bhp minimum probably nearer 400bhp at 1.2bar.

boucherie

so is that 400bhp still possible on standard internals :shock: :?: if so then whats the maximum that the standard internals can take :?:
only once they fail will i put in new pistons/injectors etc

Dooie Pop Pop

awd got 500bhp+ with an octane booster..on standard internals :shock: :twisted: :lol:

boucherie said:
so is that 400bhp still possible on standard internals :shock: :?: if so then whats the maximum that the standard internals can take :?:
only once they fail will i put in new pistons/injectors etc
just reread your post, are you saying you have standard yellow injectors?

zia

depend's what type flange it got. it's either t3 or t25 if the t25 then the stock or most hks turbo's will fit that have t25 flange. also bear in mind power is equal to the amount air /fuel used. suppling 50 afpm will not necessary yield 500bhp. stock injector will be maxed at 1.3 bar unless feul pressure is increased.

zia

Dooie Pop Pop

buy some 700cc injectors :wink: good for 450bhp :D

speak to matty he may be able to sort the blackun out for you and deffo the injectors. it' d be a good idea to buy the map sensor to go with it then you could kiss your maf goodbye :D

boucherie

cheers for the advice so far stu, looks like im gona have to start saving up, or put some overtime in, still it gives me a winter project i suppose :lol: :wink:

ive put a couple of pics below for you of the manifold

Dooie Pop Pop

boucherie said:
cheers for the advice so far stu, looks like im gona have to start saving up, or put some overtime in, still it gives me a winter project i suppose :lol: :wink:
if moneys an issue forget the blackun and buy a blue one..much cheaper :p

boucherie

moneys not too much of an object (well to a certain degree :D ) but theres alot i want to do, so ive got to sort out what im doing and when. I might abandon going done the wide arch route in favour of spending more on the engine etc

Dooie Pop Pop

boucherie said:
moneys not too much of an object (well to a certain degree :D ) but theres alot i want to do, so ive got to sort out what im doing and when. I might abandon going done the wide arch route in favour of spending more on the engine etc
sounds like a plan 8) bodykits weigh to much anyway :lol:

boucherie

jiw said:
thats a t25 exhaust inlet flange, mani looks a bit ss autochrome :cry:
Yep they have confirmed its a T25 flange, made out of 321 stainless which ive been told is good stuff, and the pipes are 41mm so it doesnt sound like a ss autochrome special, and if it is then il get one made up using this one as a guide :!:

daz

at the end of the day i am running 370 bhp on standard injectors, internals and maf so there is plenty of scope there untill you have to upgrade to bigger injectors and mine still runs 0.8 lambda across the board and does not lean out at the top end so the injectors are not maxed out yet

O

Odin

daz said:
at the end of the day i am running 370 bhp on standard injectors, internals and maf so there is plenty of scope there untill you have to upgrade to bigger injectors and mine still runs 0.8 lambda across the board and does not lean out at the top end so the injectors are not maxed out yet

Your pretty lucky matey as my standard injectors where running 97% duty at 1.2 bar and 311bhp on my old set up :? .

So to get 370bhp your doing very well indeed, So well in fact I find it very hard to beleave :? .

Are you running 3 or 4 bar fuel pressure?.

rob