Manifold efficiency

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Porting my standard manifold is it really worth it?

Having a little search on the forum the general consensus seems to point that the standard manifold is good for around 400hp (correct me if I’m wrong). However I’m wondering for efficiency is it worth porting it out to increase the flow?

Looking over the forum people see to shell out for manifolds although there not at 400hp and others pay a significant amount for a manifold that’s custom made.

How effective would it be to have it ported or are the standard manifolds fine as they are?

Idea’s/views welcome…

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
It's like when you start modding,you say that you're going for 400bhp but end up going on and on.

If you are happy with a target of 400bhp :lol:,port the manifold and match it to the head.The manifold will then be as good as a std manifold can be.

If however,you intend to go further,better to just buy an equal length manifold and get that matched to the head as well :thumbsup:

Mr GTiR

ahhhh b0ll0cks to it, i'm after 400bhp and still on a standard manifold. Look at Coxie's car, 399bhp on a stock manifold ;-)

DanDud

Im still running a standard engine with standard turbo and elbow, but bought 1 of those group buy manifolds, stumo ported it a bit and the difference is amazing! I fitted that and turned the boost up 2 or 3 PSI and ended up with another 50hp and 20lb ft. It also spools up a few hundred rpm earlier.