lumpy idle and stalling, now won't start

nickr

Hi there,

Was out for a ride in my car the other day. It was sitting for about 3 weeks, fired up fine, warmed up fine. Took it out for a drive. Parked, started up again fine, drove home. On the way home i took it up to redline for a couple of gears, parked and idled. Shut her down and popped open the hood.

Then i started her up again, it would idle badly , erally lumpy like it wanetd to stall. Tried to drive it down the block, couldnt rev past 2500 rpms in any gear. If i, threw it into neutral she'd rev up to 4k.

Parked her again, and she'd just stall out.

I can get her to crank, she'll start for a second, idle badly, the stall out.

Could it be the MAF? I checked the wiring around the maf its all plugged in tight.

I'll pull the codes tomorrow off the ecu as its gone dark here. Any ideas?

nickr

OK, so today went out to the car. Checked the ecu codes, and there were none.

So then I went to check the intercooler piping, no leaks.

But then i found a hose that was disconnected or blown off. If you are facing the intercooler, it sits underneath the corner closest to the passenger. Which hose is that?

I reconnected it, it fired up and started. I still get a bit of idle stumble. Also, if i rev it up, when it comes back down, it'll nearly stall, but then rumble back to life.

What could this be?

Fusion Ed

Do you have a boost gauge? Are you able to see what the idle vacuum is at all? Although to be honest sounds a bit worse than a few blown off vacuum pipes. Check the condition of the spark plugs too if nothing too obvious shows up or even better do it anyway.

nickr

Alright , i'lll check the plugs next week. The car's gonna sit in the garage, i've got a busy week ahead of me.

The vacuum on the factory boost guage reads close to -.7 at idle, when i turn on the a/c it goes up to -.4, when i rev it up, it goes up to at least 0, this is in neutral. I was a bit afraid to take it out on the street mid day and have it stall on me again.