Loweing 30-40mm?

S

Stoned

Hi folks

I'm looking at an 'R on standard shocks and springs with 15x7" wheels

The trouble is this looks a bit lame with the off road look so I would hoping to lower it 30mm or maybe 40mm with some springs.

Can I do this with the standard shocks and correct springs, or would I be better buying a new suspension kit for the same effect.

I am new to the Jap tuning scene having owned a Fiesta RS and only owned Fords before this, so do not know what prices I would be looking at to achieve my goal.

If I did lower it 40mm would I get scraping at all with people in the car?
My last Fiesta had 17's on which looked ace but scraped like mad with a few people in the car and I vowed never to get a car that did that again. I want the easy life which is why I will probably stick with the 15's.

Thanks

J

J-GTi-R

I'm looking at an 'R on standard shocks and springs with 15x7" wheels

The trouble is this looks a bit lame with the off road look
Er yeah, tell me about it. I can't lower mine though, as I have a difficult driveway to negotiate, which I would't get up if the car was lowered even slightly.

Do not under any circumstances lower the car by cutting the standard springs. If you want a 30-40mm drop, get a set of trust Dow Max springs, these will work well with the standard shocks and give you the ride height you're after. Depending on the offset of course, but you shouldn't get any rubbing on 15s at all with these, even if you had Me, Edd and Jamesw sat in the back.

J

jasegould

You can lower by 30 - 40 mm no probs atall. Gtir's sit really high from stock anyway. I use Norris Design -35mm springs with standard shocks and occasionally the NSF wheel will catch the splashguard when +40 mph round roundabouts :p so u should have no probs with 15" (I run 17") :wink:

S

Stoned

Well I have put a deposit on my R, and looking at it close up I have decided it defo needs lowering

So maybe 30mm should do the trick nicely. Norris designs it is!

S

SunnyGTi2.0

jasegould2002 said:
You can lower by 30 - 40 mm no probs atall. Gtir's sit really high from stock anyway. I use Norris Design -35mm springs with standard shocks and occasionally the NSF wheel will catch the splashguard when +40 mph round roundabouts :p so u should have no probs with 15" (I run 17") :wink:
whats NFS wheel? :oops:

J

jasegould

NSF it should read :oops: Near side front, or left front wheel :wink:

Just make sure you get GTiR springs and not Sunny gti ones.