low idle (500rpm) - car misfires badly when revved

G

gtirbhp

Found the source of the problem :)

It is the MAF - i took it off the air filter and the 4 pins (2 connected together and the other 2 connected together). Well one of those connections was broken and when i checked voltage across it there was none :) so looks like i need a new MAF :lol:

cheers for help everyone

Last edited by a moderator:

B1Ad3

Wish i saw this post earlier i would have said MAF because mine falls off all the time and you have exactly the characteristics of my car when it gets disconnected/not working.

G

gtirbhp

good to hear that im not alone ;)

i take it it has to be replaced? or can i do a bit dodgy soldering? :)

Jonesy

Probably best just replacing it if the pins are broken, you will get one second hand pretty cheap, check ebay or bob.

G

gtirbhp

perfect.. Think it will be bob :)

I take it they are model specific and so if i went to nissan they would have to order it ? i only ask as i would love to get the part asap and get out and p1ss all over my mates in their scoobys ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

cheers

Jonesy

I'm sure the afm will be gitr specific, but ive never ordered one. You will probably have to wait on it if you order it through nissan, also it will probably be stupidly over priced as most parts are :der: .
But bobs got them listed here http://www.gtiroc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47248 for £35.
They do pop up cheaper on ebay, but at least you know you are getting a quality part from bob;-) , im sure he will get one sent out within a couple of days get you back on the road

G

gtirbhp

spot on my man

I will pm bob tonight as £35 seems very sound price to me :)

Once got quoted £250 and 1 month (for it to come from japan) from nissan for an oil filter housing and when checked the OC got it for £20 and 4 days for delivery :lol: saved myself a few quid there :)

Cheers for the info m8

skiddusmarkus

Blown a boost hose/clamp off?That would cause it run massively rich and like a pile of shite.Or after reading your later post it could be the MAF.