Losing boost

P

Phil_d74

When accelerating hard the boost hits the designated pressure (1.2 bar) and then gradually drops off! This is not nice particularly when overtaking.
:cry:
Has anybody experienced this before?
Would appreciate any advice
Phil

zia

is this when driving from cold? if it is there ecu limiter to stop too much boost until engine is warm.

zia

P

Phil_d74

No this is when the car has been driven for a good while, it is very strange.

kingy

could be a boost pressure leak or a weak actuator usually when it peaks and then drops off it is the actuator thats faulty.

P

Phil_d74

Kingy
where is the boost actuator located in the engine bay? Any ides how much they are?

Cheer Phil

kingy

it's sat at the top of the turbo its got a hose that goes to it and is round looks awkward to get off though. Think u can get a uprated one less than 100 quid

Curtis

How are you running the higher boost?
If it's with a boost controller you won't have a standard actuator anyway.

kingy

i'm running boost with a e-boost digital cotroller and a standard actuator it hold boost comfortably at 14.7 psi

P

Phil_d74

Well the boost I presume is controlled by a chip upgrade? Certainly no digital boost controller that I am aware of!! :lol:

The funny thing is that in the last 4 months the boost has gradually increased from 1.0/1.1 to 1.2ish!!!

Not sure if this is related or not? Are there any good tests to perform to see what maybe the cause of the problem?