Long shot, central locking query...

A

Andybtsn

Basically when I've opened the car via the fob and drive off, the passenger door's lock is constantly chuntering away, locking and unlocking the lock...

But it doesn't happen on the drivers side, which is weird.

I have a Cobra alarm, any ideas where the problem may lie before ripping the car to pieces to find the problem?

Very irritating!

But like everything on the car at the mo, is very intermittent.

stumo

The locking motor on the pass side is a slave unit so it won't opperate the drivers side motor.

J

justin666

Are you completely sure the passenger door is completely closed.??? I know it sounds a little demeening to ask that but if the door isnt shutting perfectly then it can mess with the locks.

check connections and wiring through passenger door for the central locking side of things as well as all the block connectors in the drivers door. Its prolly just a loose connection somewhere and nothin to do with the alarm :)

J.

P

papdog

Mine does the same, usually when I go over a bump in the road. Drives you mad!!

J

jpward

Common fault it's that damn window switch unit mine did it for a couple of years then day i noticed it had stopped my windows didnt work cant win!!

New switch on its way :)

paz

Yeah its a common one this fella, mine used to do it but just went away :lol:

It gets fixed usually by changing over the window units - try the drivers side first.

Paz

P

papdog

jpward said:
Common fault it's that damn window switch unit mine did it for a couple of years then day i noticed it had stopped my windows didnt work cant win!!

New switch on its way :)
That explains why my driver's side switch won't open the pasenger side window any more then!!

Graham

J

jpward

Just got my windows working again :D

This is the bliter that causes the head aches!!

A

Andybtsn

My control unit is fine, can "wind" passenger window down, unlock/lock passenger door too...

Just the annoying unlocking/locking when im driving!!

J

jpward

Maybe it just needs a clean lots of small cr@p gets in round the rockers and may cause it stick slightly in the open/close point.

Also im postin pics of the 2 units old first and then new one look at the terminals do people have type 1 or2? (think my unit was changed in Japan before i got the car)

:?

paz

Andybtsn said:
My control unit is fine, can "wind" passenger window down, unlock/lock passenger door too...

Just the annoying unlocking/locking when im driving!!
It might 'appear' fine, but they can be a bit dodgy - its worth changing it as it usually stops it happening.

Paz

J

jpward

also a tip i found if you lock the drives door via the drivers internal leaver it doesnt happen as often!

A

Andybtsn

Well the passenger door has bust all together now, went i press the button on the fob, only the drivers side door opens, i have to open the passenger door via the control unit on drivers side.

Where should i be looking for the problem?

Oh, and it still unlocks/locks whilst driving!! Doesn't make sense

J

jpward

Hate to be the one to state the obvious matey but if you had actually bothered your ass to read the post propperly you may have seen that in fact! It is the drivers side door switch module that needs replacing :p

paz

jpward said:
Hate to be the one to state the obvious matey but if you had actually bothered your ass to read the post propperly you may have seen that in fact! It is the drivers side door switch module that needs replacing :p
Thanks for that - I was getting ****ing BORED of saying the same thing over and over ;)

paz

J

jpward

Darn maybe i should have used larger print and used brighter font so they would not miss it :lol: