Limits of a Mines ECU

wrc

Does anyone know the true limits of a mines ecu?

I've searched and the usual 1.1 - 1.2 bar comes up but has anyone gone further than that and lasted? With what mods etc? Just worried about going over 1.2 bar and leaning out and going bang although I am forged.

Or is the only true way to tell to get on the dyno?

Anyone with experience on a mines would be amazing :)

thanks!

red reading

dyno is the only true way of telling as it is a controlled condition to be able to test and check everything.

Fire & skill

Vintage member
I had my car at a RR day a few months back, it was set at 1.3bar and the car was running fantastic, they abandoned the run though as he though it was running lean :(

t16coupe

i have been running 1.2 bar on a mines for well over a year going to get a wideband fitted soon though

Last edited:

STU666V

I was running mine at 1.3 and peaking at 1.5 but also running a SAFC. Standard injectors were almost maxed out. 330BHP on the rollers

t16coupe

i see your are useing a gt28rs that will puff out more air than a std t28 so thats probley why its running a bit lean

wrc

Cheers guys.

Does seem that its definately car specific, Ive seen some posts of people claiming 1.4 bar on a mines ecu...

Will the 560cc pink Evo injectors be plug and play on a mines ecu? If I can slot a set of those in and then maybe see if that should do the trick - I did the fuel pump relay mod to give the walbro some proper voltage so that should definatly help too.

Only thing is then maybe the MAF - But i doubt a Mines will accept a z32? Anything else i can do?

Fire & skill

Vintage member
Im changing the mines ecu to a power fc, ive also got 560's and a z32 maf. had them a while now just not got round to getting it booked in :-D

bensmith907

be careful with the words "plug in and play" with a mines ECU. I'm currently rebuilding my engine because I didn't get it's fueling checked out after fitting to my standard engine/turbo set up.

Learn from my mistake! 8)

wrc

This is exactly what I mean mate lol

I guess its just up to 1.3 bar and off to the rollers to get it checked over!

shroom

Personaly i would go to te rollers as soon as i fetle with anything, who are you to say its running right just from hope alone. Besides 1.3 bar wont realy feel that amazing compared with 1 and i would be alot happier knowing im not fucking it all up too. Forged also means jack shit if your fueling is out (Lean) as it will still damage everything, seems a common misconception that a forged engine is so much stronger and you can just wind the boost out for the bhpizzles...

wrc

Im still slightly confused - Surely a Mines wont accept 560's and a z32 just plugged in??

Thanks.