Lightened Pullies

youngsyp

There's a guy over on the modifiers club who makes GTiR specific ones that are lighter than the Forge items. They won't destroy the crankshaft seal either !

J

jpward

youngsyp said:
There's a guy over on the modifiers club who makes GTiR specific ones that are lighter than the Forge items. They won't destroy the crankshaft seal either !
Whats his user??

nitrosgti-r

i can only find the sx ones on ebay fast guy. ill check out that link from K9ng first anf then ill chase up that modifiers forum, not been on there for ages

cheers chaps :)

nitrosgti-r

i think i have just ordered his last set but im waiting to find out if i got in quick enough?

What colour did u get? (not that it makes any performance diffs) And what pullies did you get? ie, power steering pully, crank pully etc? And are they easy to fit? noticable performance?

Cheers

K9ng

I just got silver as needed them quickly,
I got the power steering, crank and alternator pulleys.
Feels like it revs more freely.

J

jpward

I read that it might not be a good idea to use lightened pullies as they change the revolution rates and what not and are not designed for the original crank seals bla bla bla......

Is this a load of bull or should one be aware of negative effects?

J

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
The only thing I've seen is about the lack of harmonic damper in lightened pullies can lead to increase vibration.

J

jpward

Fast Guy said:
The only thing I've seen is about the lack of harmonic damper in lightened pullies can lead to increase vibration.
Counsulted the bible there and found;

CLICK

Dont think i will risk it on the crank pully but i am sure the others would be ok!

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
jpward said:
Counsulted the bible there and found;

CLICK

Dont think i will risk it on the crank pully but i am sure the others would be ok!

All the GTIR pulleys are standard size, not under drive, so that doesn't apply. (see where you're coming from tho)