Leda coilovers

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Leda coilovers, adjustable in ride height and ride firmness.

Any body use these?? Any good or bad points I should know about or any idea if they are any good.

Also any good or bad points about the Hi-spec 315mm big brake kit.

Websnowbo

Can't help you exactly but all i can say is Leda's are feckin good. They are expensive BUT they are built to your spec, they can be valved so they arn't too harsh and obviously can be re-built. I've had em on a couple of cars.

The chance of getting a set of KYB's etc re-built in the UK? No chance

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Cool, that just what I wanted to hear.

Now just the Hi-spec brakes, anyone using them got any feedback.

E

Edd

imo hispec = sh*t :oops:

might be down to the sh*t discs n pads though, after being in a car with AP 6 pot stoppers though NOTHING compares

E

Edd

300mm 4 pots, they just don't feel anywhere near as good as the AP's i tried on my mates car :cry: :oops:

Don't get me wrong they are MUCH better than standard even with i think ebc :cry: pads and from wat i gather the quality of hi**** discs aren't the best

if you want quality brakes like everything in life you gotta pay for it

GINGA

Edd you have to remember that your discs are VERY worn for starters and the other brakes you tried were 30mm bigger and 6 pots so there always going to feel stronger :wink:
If I had the money for Ap 6's then i'd buy them but considering there over twice the price of the Hi specs i'm not sure they are that much better :?:
If you go with the Hi specs steer clear of the ebc pads as they only seem to work well at one temp eg to cold there shit to hot there shit :lol:

E

Edd

they aren't that worn, but seeing as i have just spoken to steve and told him they were worn and could do with changing he knows the score.

When i get my AP's on we can go to santapod and have have a braking competition
:wink:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
So if I got an R' with HI-spec 4 pots on already, what make of pads could I use. i.e. when ordering over the phone I'd say to the Ferodo dealer, "I'd like some pads to fit ?*?*?*? callipers please.

I suppose what I'm asking is are most manufacturers pads available for the Hi-spec callipers.

kyepan

if you get the pattern of the backing plate and fax it to mintex/ferrodo they should make you a set.. but may charge quite a bit.

Nad

If u search the net u will find a lot on Hispec. From what I recall the discs are not very good. People always go on about AP discs costing £133 each or whatever but thats because they last. In the end of the day what is more important than brakes and steering?? Why skimp, but it depends what ur using it for IMO. Brakes are only as good as the pad which in turn are only gonna stop u if ur tyres are half decent.

Nad

S

str_motorsport

i got tar-ox 6 pot 298mm conversion on mine and i am very happy!!!
at the beginning i wanted to go for the hi-spec kit,285mm and 4 pots but found that they used very small pads....too small..tar-ox pads are really bigger and they fit under my 15" wheels