Leaving off the inlet manifold Y bracket!!!

Keira

true, and it hangs off a f o o k i n g great lump of cast manifold.... :oops: i'm still going to design my own 8)

ashills

i dumped teh big Y bracket and left teh one on that is just a single bar
its not like the cars are gonna be rallyied off road etc
(apart from nad lol) (one day )

Keira

after having a good look at the yellow cars engine today i've decided not to impress you with my design skills :wink: :lol: and just keep the 2 that go kinda up the side of the plenum, the one on the right as you look at the back of the engine requires something being made up to bolt to the plenum but thats no bother.

these 2 should suffice and mean you can still get at anything up the back of the engine, the y bracket just looks like overkill if you look at the whole lot

MarkTurbo

My engine has just gone back in :D without any of the brackets :shock:

I decided they could all stay on my shed floor :lol: At least now if my det sensor, starter motor, or anything else thats tucked away behind the plenum goes wrong i can get to it without too much hassle 8)

Now wait for my thread about the inlet manifold falling off :lol:

K

kizzyturbo4x4

Put my engine back in yesterday, and without the cursed lumpy sheity brackets that fooked my fingers and wrisths when i diassambled it :evil:
just added them to my
"left garage corner pile of never going back in junk" :D LOL

MarkTurbo

kizzyturbo4x4 said:
just added them to my
"left garage corner pile of never going back in junk" :D LOL
I've got one of them now too :lol:

So far it contains- All the manifold support brackets and top mount brackets, the standard dump valve and all the pipes that go with it, that big air con pump bracket off the front of the engine, various bolts, and a few other bits and pieces :wink:

J

jiw

When i changed the det sensor the bottom bolts on the y bracket seemed to be cross threaded :roll:

what a t w a t they where to get out, needless to say the bracket will be heading for the bin next month when the engine comes out as it now has no bolts in the bottom and makes such an irritating rattle :x